• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever had a comic creator come to your house?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, kav said:

childhood friend?  what was he like?  did he draw?

Yes. We got into a lot of trouble together. Yes, we produced a number of homemade comics--he was a much better artist than I was...

17 minutes ago, telerites said:

Now that is a car ride, I would have loved to have been a passenger in.  As kind as I have heard, Sean?

One of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.  And his wife was the sweetest lady ever.

She got food poisoning and I ended up taking them both to the hospital.  She was violently ill, and not one cross or distressed word was ever spoken.  That was one crazy weekend. He had signed some absolutely amazing books, and was always a little bemused that people wanted sigs on the cover. He worked very hard to find unobtrusive spots and did every signature meticulously. Just warm, friendly, kind people!

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

One of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.  And his wife was the sweetest lady ever.

She got food poisoning and I ended up taking them both to the hospital.  She was violently ill, and not one cross or distressed word was ever spoken.  That was one crazy weekend. He had signed some absolutely amazing books, and was always a little bemused that people wanted sigs on the cover. He worked very hard to find unobtrusive spots and did every signature meticulously. Just warm, friendly, kind people!

That is some story.  He is one I wished I had the opportunity to meet.

Hope all is well with you.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:24 AM, seanfingh said:

I only met Murphy Anderson and his wife at one of the old shows in Boston.  They were only doing the show as they were in the area to visit their daughter.  He was the only guest at that show and yet no one was going up to him and they had nothing extra to sell.  He was just there to sign a book if anyone wanted his signature. He talked about his time in the service and how it influenced some of his work.    What I did admire about both of them is that they were both dressed like they were going to Sunday church service.  He was just a real gentleman.