• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of Deacon Frost [Census]

1 post in this topic

I was curious about this, as I recently discovered that CGC changed its original census - which had been established by at least 2009 - on Tomb of Dracula #45 sometime in 2019.

2009 census: 1st appearance of Deacon Frost. Blade the Vampire Slayer & Hannibal King appearance.

2020 census: Blade & Hannibal King appearance.

The contention, and purpose of this thread, is whether Deacon Frost's first appearance is in Tomb of Dracula #13 or #45 - and most importantly why CGC felt the need to remove it, as in TOD #13, Frost appears as "The Doctor" in 5 panels with no dialogue, in backstory narrated by Blade, and in TOD #45 we get our first reveal of Deacon Frost in a side characters backstory - the difference here is that Frost is actually introduced by name and appears in two pages.

Tomb of Dracula #13

Spoiler

CcgK6p4u1Gzi1uVs78FYge_my6gIVRfRv-iY_m0azKgYv10ZJfHu8WqZy3Ca0y6LorSlFI0rnZyl=s1600

Tomb of Dracula #45

Spoiler

STcxYvJYJrKns-44OwWeOdSPIWsSYLeeKyYzYPTppp2TYlPR0J5H73jh6s8CPihWcWxwMUtvvDSg=s1600M-6qQRmuUAUHLveqioeelX6udbSvjO6SNzQWCUJRN_2bSVWxcuSbiTDFY-SuQ-vgEsz-5hbbrJiW=s1600

Why do you think they changed it?

All comments are welcomed ~

Edited by Bart Allen