• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipped Comic without Window Bag for Autograph

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I recently mailed a comic book for the Frank Miller In-house Private Signing at CGC. It was my first time sending anything to get autographed. I received an email today that Greg Horn was also doing a signing. In that email they showed photo examples of a window bag. I never knew what a window bag was until I saw those photos. I thought bag and board was a window bag. I just thought they did not want to receive comics unprotected. The Frank Miller email did not have any photos showing the window bags.

What I want to know is if my comic is going to get rejected? In my account it says that they already received the comic. Will it get rejected on the day of the signing?

Thanks for taking a look!

I don’t have the e-mail anymore by I’m positive it stated that a window bag was a requirement or the books would be sent back. 

If you go to the CGC home page, click on News and then click on the Frank Miller announcement you can see that a window bag is a requirement and they have pictures of examples of window bags. 

16 hours ago, dguerra said:

Hello Everyone!

I recently mailed a comic book for the Frank Miller In-house Private Signing at CGC. It was my first time sending anything to get autographed. I received an email today that Greg Horn was also doing a signing. In that email they showed photo examples of a window bag. I never knew what a window bag was until I saw those photos. I thought bag and board was a window bag. I just thought they did not want to receive comics unprotected. The Frank Miller email did not have any photos showing the window bags.

What I want to know is if my comic is going to get rejected? In my account it says that they already received the comic. Will it get rejected on the day of the signing?

Thanks for taking a look!

The instructions clearly say the books have to be sent window bagged.  If the package has been received, try calling CGC and see if they can help you out.  Otherwise, you need to hope you get it back quickly since the books need to be received by Monday May 25th.

Cgc customer service

I made this same mistake with my first Signature submission not too long ago. CGC shouldn't assume that everyone knows what a window bag is and adding a bit more of a description would reduce confusion. Turns out CGC still accepted my books without the window bags. Glad to see that customer service was able to take care of you. Good luck with your grades.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:57 AM, jokiing said:

I made this same mistake with my first Signature submission not too long ago. CGC shouldn't assume that everyone knows what a window bag is and adding a bit more of a description would reduce confusion. Turns out CGC still accepted my books without the window bags. Glad to see that customer service was able to take care of you. Good luck with your grades.

Yes, I should of just looked up what a window bag was and not assumed I knew. Lessen learned. Thanks for the reply!

On 5/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, Lest 2 Art said:

The Frank Miller rules show the same 2 window bag examples:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8247/frank-miller-private-signing/

Yes, it does show the window bag images it in that link you posted but not in the email I received for the Frank Miller signing. My fault for not clicking on every link in the email. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by dguerra
Clarification.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, Lest 2 Art said:

Maybe they changed it recently, but the Claremont rules show 2 examples of window bags:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8246/chris-claremont-signing-event/

Plus there's always Google :gossip:

Yes, they did change it... and the Google is only useful if one is not "asz"uming that CGC was referring to a regular bag (Hmmm... never heard that terminology used for bags). There are a lot of submission steps to follow so good to see the added examples for SS noobies.