• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone own a copy of Hawkshaw the Detective (1917)?
1 1

1 post in this topic

Sorry for the new topic, but I searched and cant find any relating to this book I could piggyback on.

I recently got a copy of Hawkshaw the Detective and I'm curious if I'm missing several pages.  I cant find much about this book online, other than a heritage auction that states the book has 24 pages.  My copy has 16.  I've gone through the book a few times, and cant see where any pages are missing.  It has the title page, which connects to the last page.  The centerfold story seems to continue flawlessly, so I'm thinking that the missing pages arent from the centerfold either.  The last page ( connecting to the title page) does seem to end the book prematurely. 

If anyone has a 1917 copy of this book, could you let me know if it actually is supposed to have 24 pages?

20200514_122714.jpg