• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Submission - Issues W/ Getting X-Men Label

11 posts in this topic

Hey all!! 

This is my first submission with CGC. i am wanting to take advantage of Marvels special labels, but i cant get them to populate for me to choose which one i want. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get them to show up?> 

I am also a new member to CGC and I am having the same issue submitting some of my Spider-Man comics. I think it's because the ones I'm trying to submit are J. Scott Campbell variants that are reprints, so CGC is not recognizing the exact issue I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm following this thread hoping to find an answer before I submit my comics.

Consider checking w Cgc customer service 

13 hours ago, boylefam18 said:

Hey all!! 

This is my first submission with CGC. i am wanting to take advantage of Marvels special labels, but i cant get them to populate for me to choose which one i want. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get them to show up?> 

2 hours ago, Jason R. Casares said:

I am also a new member to CGC and I am having the same issue submitting some of my Spider-Man comics. I think it's because the ones I'm trying to submit are J. Scott Campbell variants that are reprints, so CGC is not recognizing the exact issue I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm following this thread hoping to find an answer before I submit my comics.

Which comics are you trying to add?

13 hours ago, boylefam18 said:

Hey all!! 

2 hours ago, Jason R. Casares said:

1 hour ago, Jeremy Ware said:

I've been trying to figure out the same thing before sending off my 2nd submissions. 

I went in to add an Amazing Spider-Man to show the screen shot.  Once you enter the details, below is next screen you see.  The Custom Labels should be present for appropriate tiles.  Click on it.  Then you will see the custom labels options - second screen shot below.

1941300831_FireShotCapture268-CGCComicSubmission-www.cgccomics_com.thumb.png.dc9f17520acfbad293d89fc87b7e9638.png

1756046151_FireShotCapture269-CGCComicSubmission-www.cgccomics_com.thumb.png.f8addb743ffe1db802ca1f84b25d46c2.png

6 minutes ago, Jason R. Casares said:

Thank you for the pictures provided. I was able to add labels to some of my comics but only the ones CGC recognized. For example The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5 #14I, Jan 30th, 2019. 

The dates are strange for that issue accodring to this https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_5_14

Published in march, but released in jan of the same year. Try using the 3/19 on the CGC form.

3 minutes ago, Avi said:

The dates are strange for that issue accodring to this https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_5_14

Published in march, but released in jan of the same year. Try using the 3/19 on the CGC form.

Awesome! That definitely worked. I have one last question, if for some reason I am wrong with the variant or date of comic due to error will the labels be wrong when being slabbed? Or will CGC find and fix the error?

2 minutes ago, Jason R. Casares said:

Awesome! That definitely worked. I have one last question, if for some reason I am wrong with the variant or date of comic due to error will the labels be wrong when being slabbed? Or will CGC find and fix the error?

I believe CGC does verify the information before creating the label. Worse case if you get an incorrect label contact CGC directly, they are good about fixing errors.