• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi Guys! I bought another Vampi #1 - Any Thoughts? - NEW SCANS!!!

67 posts in this topic

Uh, nice try . . . but those would have to be pretty responsible staples 27_laughing.gifcrazy.gif

WTF?? Your book drunk screwy.gif

Good luck thumbsup2.gif

Rip - btw, I love that expression, "book drunk" - quite appropos! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Diva:

I was under the impression that you were considering buying this book because you believe it to be a 9.4 or better. In that regard I gave you my opinion of what grade it will get. Since I believe it will get a grade much lower, I was trying to save you time and money.

If you already own it, and have submitted it for grading, and were just asking our opinion of what grade it will fetch, then I apologize.

--Gary

Diva:

I was under the impression that you were considering buying this book because you believe it to be a 9.4 or better. In that regard I gave you my opinion of what grade it will get. Since I believe it will get a grade much lower, I was trying to save you time and money.

If you already own it, and have submitted it for grading, and were just asking our opinion of what grade it will fetch, then I apologize.

--Gary

Gary,

The latter was the case, and no apologies are necessary. I respect your grading opinion, and those of our colleagues. I try to buy the "best athelete available" when I purchase books, and I spend a great deal of time interviewing sellers, rather than relying on poor scans. This is an original owner book, which I was more than impressed with upon receipt.

cheers, flowerred.gif

David

p.s. I will keep everyone posted on the CGC grade, and I hope you were a tad harsh on your grade 27_laughing.gif

V1ss.jpg

V1bss.jpg

cloud9.gif

I just wanted to let you all know that I received the grade today for this Vampirella #1:

9.2 Off-White Universal Blue Label

acclaim.gifcloud9.gifyay.gif

gossip.gifSoon to set a new GPA record for this issue!!! headbang.gif

Divad CONGRATS!!! thumbsup2.gif

As I said, I hoped you got a nice grade from CGC and I truely did but I honestly believe they were generous in this case. The only other reason I can think of for me not seeing this book as a 9.2 is that your large, clear scan magnified the flaws more than having the book in hand. However I am comfortable with the fact that I am a bit tighter with grades on mags than CGC is for now. laugh.gif

Again good job! hail.gif

PS: You get those other books in yet that you PMed me about?

Divad CONGRATS!!! thumbsup2.gif

As I said, I hoped you got a nice grade from CGC and I truely did but I honestly believe they were generous in this case. The only other reason I can think of for me not seeing this book as a 9.2 is that your large, clear scan magnified the flaws more than having the book in hand. However I am comfortable with the fact that I am a bit tighter with grades on mags than CGC is for now. laugh.gif

Again good job! hail.gif

PS: You get those other books in yet that you PMed me about?

Thanks Jay,

Grading from scans is unreliable, as you cannot judge the true qualities of a book. I spoke with John at CGC yesterday, about the book, and he confirmed what I already knew, saying: "I've seen a lot of copies of this issue, and this one was crisp - definitely one of the top five copies I've seen."

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

David

p.s. Nope, They haven't arrived yet . . . I hope the seller didn't get cold feet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just wanted to let you all know that I received the grade today for this Vampirella #1:

Congrats, David. 893applaud-thumb.gif I'm relieved to hear that the "trim" job was just a trick of the scan. yay.gif Good luck with the sale!

Congrats, David. 893applaud-thumb.gif I'm relieved to hear that the "trim" job was just a trick of the scan. yay.gif Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Scott!

And, btw, I have never uttered the exact phrase "I am wrong" here (except for right here) 27_laughing.gif but I have recanted on numerous occasions with mea culpa

Isn't the search tool wonderful angel.gif

I know you guys don't get out much . . . 27_laughing.gifblush.gif

But Vampi's in the Marketplace! Sheeeeeee's Back!!!

V1ss.jpg

V1bss.jpg

cloud9.gif