• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS tracking - Are these 2 messages the same?

3 posts in this topic

Tracking for my CGC package says ...tracking.jpg.87f52fa0ca2221c36c2547a71172ad02.jpg

Is this the same as "Out For Delivery"? It was scheduled to arrive yesterday, but didn't show ... now it's scheduled to arrive today.

it is a lag between whatever system you are using to look at the message you showed here originally-- and the speed at which that updates from the post office. I am assuming this was sent via USPS-- which I would always go directly to the source if I was concerned about tracking information. The most up to date stuff is with the USPS site.

If I were evaluating this message on it's own-- I would surmise that the postage was printed out but the post office has not scanned it itn just yet. And again-- that is both a guess and from experience. eBay and Amazon can give you varied results versus directly checking tracking data with the carrier.

It came. It was originally scheduled to be delivered yesterday by 8:00, but never came. When I checked the tracking this morning (I just use the F/I/S link on the CGC Submission Tracking page), it gave me that "Alert" message. But it's all good now, it came this morning.