• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schomburg War Covers

3 posts in this topic

I'm really not a Marvel Mystery collector so I'll yield to the expertise of fellow board members who specialize in this area. I have one Marvel Mystery in my entire collection of about 800 books--a MM 54. I noticed in the census that only three have been graded with the highest being a 9.2. I just got my copy back from CGC and it graded at a 5.0 which I couldn't believe was the second highest in the census. Are these Schomburg War Covers that rare? Does the demand far exceed available supply on these books? Perhaps someone can inform me.

Thanks

Marvel Mystery books from 1944 on have to be among the most common of Timelys, at least in low to mid-grade. My guess is that in 5.0 or less there is not enough profit to warrant slabbing these books for resale - and that many mid to high grade copies are locked up in pre-CGC collections.

The census really isn't useful for gauging relative rarity of GA books, except for maybe keys.