• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS IT JUST ME ? QUESTION ON THE NEW MARSHALL ROGERS BATMAN

5 posts in this topic

is it just me. just read the new batman mini series by marshall rogers and terry austin. the work looks so sub par to the old detective series stuff.

it looks rushed and cartoony humm is that a word. ;] to me. i wonder what happened to his drawing skills. they look there are going down hill a lil bit.

i think if i had a choice between the new art and old stuff i would pick the old stuff up all day long. what do you guys. think. or iam just nit picking.

larry ;]

I'd say Marshall is like every other artist who grows old. Their art changes over time and none for the better. The only artist I ever thought got better as he got older was Carmine Infantino and I loved his more angular style of the 1980s better than his slicker style of the 1960s. I love Rogers' art, even if he's changed it since his 1970s run on Detective. Check out his art on the 1980s Silver Surfer series. It was drastically different even then.

Mike B.

The only artist I ever thought got better as he got older was Carmine Infantino and I loved his more angular style of the 1980s better than his slicker style of the 1960s.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I'm sure you're a lovely guy, kind to small children and furry animals, but I almost fell off my chair when I read that.

I love Infantino's 50's and 60's work, but the crud he churned out later on made me want to cry, particularly his Marvel work. I always thought this was evidence of a talent lost (possibly through too much work elsewhere) rather than a talent developing.

I don't know what others think, but surely the weight of opinion would be in my court here?

I'd say Marshall is like every other artist who grows old. Their art changes over time and none for the better.

That's exactly it! Rogers never looked better than those old 70's Detectives.

Same thing can be said for Byrne. Compare his X-Men and FF work to almost anything he's done in the last 10 years.