• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Championship Round 3

40 posts in this topic

Ok, so you guys are all tied. Time to seperate the boys from the MAN. I have saved the hardest book for last.

X-Men #94

RESTORED

Includes Small amount of color touch to spine and Trimmed.

Off White Pages: Old Label

Since you are all tied, nail this one on the head and the others don't your the winner. Tie with someone else, you two go again and the third man drops off. All 3 tie frown.gif another round. Please no more, someone win, I am sick of it. I just want to give out the gift certificates and grand prize.

Will give you until Saturday night at 8pm est for this one.

champbook3f.jpg

champbook3b.jpg

Since you are all tied, nail this one on the head and the others don't your the winner. Tie with someone else, you two go again and the third man drops off. All 3 tie frown.gif another round. Please no more, someone win, I am sick of it. I just want to give out the gift certificates and grand prize.

Grade is in! acclaim.gifyay.gifacclaim.gif

Just to be clear -- what if no one nails it, but one person is closer to the actual grade than the other two (whether the other two tie or not is, I'd think, irrelevant)? Is that Game Over, closest grader wins?

Grade is in! acclaim.gifyay.gifacclaim.gif

Just to be clear -- what if no one nails it, but one person is closer to the actual grade than the other two (whether the other two tie or not is, I'd think, irrelevant)? Is that Game Over, closest grader wins?

Well, since it is first to 5 points, you don't necessarily have to hit it on the head. 2 players could whiff big time and get no points, where as if you are 1 grade away you get 1 point, and being that everyone is at 4, you would win.

We will see what happens, I really think someone is going to take it this round. Hopefully at least

We will see what happens, I really think someone is going to take it this round. Hopefully at least

You know, if you REALLY wanted it to end, you would have included two books, like in the past two Championship Rounds.

Come to think of it, the format should remain consistent, to be totally fair, no matter if it's Round 1 or 3... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Going into this round we were tied at 4 points each.

champbook3label.jpg

October Guessed 7.5: 0 Points: Stays at 4

Inconcievable Guessed 7.5: 0 Points: Stays at 4

Warlord Guessed 8.0: 1 Point: WINS WITH 5 POINTS!

Prizes per champion are

$100 to use on anything at http://ComicSupply.com for October

$50 to use on anything at http://ComicSupply.com for Warlord

$25 to use on anything at http://ComicSupply.com for Inconcievable

If you don't have an account set up at http://www.ComicSupply.com you must set up one so I can award the coupon. Please PM me your first and last name so I can get those to you.

Our Grand Champion, Warlord is awarded in addition to his $50 either $125 in Comics at http://www.ComicSupply.com or $75 in Supplies.

Thanks to everyone who played. I had a great time hosting it and I hope you had fun as well.

Russ

Oh wait, there was a mistake and we have to start over! 27_laughing.gif

Seriously...

Congrats Warlord!

And thanks to ComicSupply and company for hosting this or any other contest!

thumbsup2.gif

Congrats Warlord! 893applaud-thumb.gif

yay.gifWoohoo! yay.gif I'd like to thank all the little people who made this moment possible! acclaim.gifacclaim.gif Including those who I climbed over to get here. 27_laughing.gif

And as for you October, and Inconcievable, that's what you get for being haters! 7.5? 7.5? Who in their right mind would give this a 7.5? confused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gif

gossip.gif OK, ok, I'll confess that I was afraid I had overgraded it and was almost expecting to find out it got a 7.5 grade. insane.gif Whew, dodged that bullet. Thank goodness that trimming left all those corners nice and sharp!

Thanks CS and Bella for putting up with all the BS and getting through this new format contest!893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks also to my worthy opponents thumbsup2.gif I was shaking in my boots waiting for the results!