• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1 page for sale (circa 1992)

23 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a bunch of old comic art catalogs from various dealers on ebay recently. I'm a bit of a historian so I enjoy going through these and finding out what was out there. I came across a 1992 catalog from Comic Art & Graffix Gallery and they mention that the highest price EVER paid for a piece of comic art was a page from Batman 1 which went for $25K. Wonder if anyone has info on the page and/or image. My guess is that page would easily top the Marvel 1 page sold earlier this year. Who know, it might even reach Krazy Kat levels!!

I recently picked up a bunch of old comic art catalogs from various dealers on ebay recently. I'm a bit of a historian so I enjoy going through these and finding out what was out there. I came across a 1992 catalog from Comic Art & Graffix Gallery and they mention that the highest price EVER paid for a piece of comic art was a page from Batman 1 which went for $25K. Wonder if anyone has info on the page and/or image. My guess is that page would easily top the Marvel 1 page sold earlier this year. Who know, it might even reach Krazy Kat levels!!

This page would go great next to my other Batman #1 pages and my Superman #1 cover. I'll pay someone a billzillion dollars to tell me it's whereabouts. No wait, I'll bet it will be auctioned off and go for a billzillion dollars. No wait, how about if we all call the grandchildren of the artist to see if they've got more pages. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'll pay someone a billzillion dollars to give me the personal phone numbers of the grandchildren of the artist.......

It's hard work feelin' this Krazy devil.gif

i wonder what would be the impact of the market price wise if russ started to sell the ec stuff now instead of back in the 80.s i would think it would be a lot of broke people running around trying to sell there house to buy some of the stories

what do you think these two stories would go today for ? larry ;]

50 /50 girls by williamson / frazetta

squeeze play by frazetta

Hey Steve,

You have an image of the page ? Somehow I remember something associated with Fisclhler and that page : )

Could be wrong though.

KK

PS - RE: "Who know, it might even reach Krazy Kat levels!!".....Is that supposed to be funny ? : )

PPS - Im gonna be deemed a prophet in a couple of years Steve,..give it time.

This page would go great next to my other Batman #1 pages and my Superman #1 cover. I'll pay someone a billzillion dollars to tell me it's whereabouts. No wait, I'll bet it will be auctioned off and go for a billzillion dollars. No wait, how about if we all call the grandchildren of the artist to see if they've got more pages. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'll pay someone a billzillion dollars to give me the personal phone numbers of the grandchildren of the artist.......

It's hard work feelin' this Krazy devil.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Yes, Fishler was at one time a co-owner of the page. It has changed hands at least two more times since then and sold ten years ago for around what the Marvel #1 page just brought. (I know I've brought it up on this board a few times).

The page is the first story page to picture the Joker (Not counting the incredible splash) and also has Bruce Wayne on it.

what do you think these two stories would go today for ? larry ;]

50 /50 girls by williamson / frazetta

This story recently sold by Mastronet Auctions. I think it sold for around 50k. Jim D'amico owns the cover so he might have bought the story. Dan

If the EC stuff were to be sold today, there would certainly be some record prices. The real issue is the supply/demand curve (I'm no economist so will defer to the resident experts like Gene). Since Gaines saved EVERYTHING, no one in their right mind would sell all the art at once. It would take a decade or longer to really spread the material out and maximize the prices.

(I'm no economist so will defer to the resident experts like Gene

Surely you jest sign-funnypost.gif

Unless you have a Nobel Prize in Economics to go along with your Avengers #4 original cover art, kindly keep your idiotic opinions to yourself. Have a nice day. thumbsup2.gif

Unless you have a Nobel Prize in Economics to go along with your Avengers #4 original cover art, kindly keep your idiotic opinions to yourself. Have a nice day. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Dimwit. I thought I was on ignore. Moreover, you are such a pompous wind-bag and have ZERO credibility as having ANY market savy skills. I know more about market dynamics than you hands down ! You are a joke,.....IMHO.

Dimwit. I thought I was on ignore. Moreover, you are such a pompous wind-bag and have ZERO credibility as having ANY market savy skills. I know more about market dynamics than you hands down ! You are a joke,.....IMHO.

j

Yeah...... you deserve the Nobel Prize in comic art market economics. You've repeatedly shown us the accuracy of your auction estimates. Of course, the Nobel Prize is now worth over $200K. With that, you could actually bid on one of the auctions you say you're going to bid on.

Moreover, you are such a pompous wind-bag and have ZERO credibility as having ANY market savy skills.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif That's not what it looks like from where I'm sitting. smirk.gif

I know more about market dynamics than you hands down !

So says the man who said the Usagi Yojimbo #1 cover art would sell for $6K+ or his name isn't KrazyKat, and who was more than 100% off on his prediction for the price of the Batman #11 cover art. foreheadslap.gif

You are a joke,.....IMHO.

IMHO? Shouldn't that be IMHIO (in my hopelessly idiotic opinion)? As for who's a joke, there's a growing belief that you're Hammer (as in Dupcak, not MC "Please Don't Hurt 'Em" Hammer) and just having a big ha-ha with us. Who knows, maybe they're right. Whether you're him or not, no one takes you seriously. Ah, thanks for the good laugh and short break out of my day as an important individual. tongue.gif

Moreover, you are such a pompous wind-bag and have ZERO credibility as having ANY market savy skills.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif That's not what it looks like from where I'm sitting. smirk.gif

I know more about market dynamics than you hands down !

So says the man who said the Usagi Yojimbo #1 cover art would sell for $6K+ or his name isn't KrazyKat, and who was more than 100% off on his prediction for the price of the Batman #11 cover art. foreheadslap.gif

You are a joke,.....IMHO.

IMHO? Shouldn't that be IMHIO (in my hopelessly idiotic opinion)? As for who's a joke, there's a growing belief that you're Hammer (as in Dupcak, not MC "Please Don't Hurt 'Em" Hammer) and just having a big ha-ha with us. Who knows, maybe they're right. Whether you're him or not, no one takes you seriously. Ah, thanks for the good laugh and short break out of my day as an important individual. tongue.gif

I am Krazy Kat.

I am Krazy Kat.

I have nothing to say to you.

You are not worth talking to.

To the tune of "Don't Phunk With My Heart" by the Black Eyed Peas:

"Kat you lost it once you dissed me

My market credentials ain't at all iffy

My stock portfolio will trump you easy

Crush your Ditkos and your Kirbys

If you trade, I'll trade too

Buy 'em cheap that's how I'll beat you

Spendin' krazy money is what Krazy do

Krazy Kat, you're a krazy fool...

Oh no no no no don't mess with Original Art..."

911931-0603_black_eyed_peas_b.jpg

911931-0603_black_eyed_peas_b.jpg.8666c6f2b1640efa65d6bd9cd021debb.jpg

Black Eyed Peas ?

What a POSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'd I know youd swallow the pablum-Gen Y junk that they feed to the masses.

I guess 'Best Buy' got their value from their Marketing campaign cause a dolts like you.