• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The movie Phantasm should have become a comic

60 posts in this topic

God dammm I just got done watching this.What a comic book this would make!!!

Let me say this about this movie..........

An early attempt at Lybian Mind Control that completely defies description. It's a twisted gorefest that is ruly worthy of its cult classic status... especially if you have an unhealthy midget fetish. But hey, who doesn't?"

If it weren't for that damned turkey pot pie I ate before I would've stayed awake through all of it. However, don't let my napping take away from the home grown quality of this one. The balls have hooks, blades, and corkscrews with which they [embarrassing lack of self control] people up, and the kid on the motorcycle got launched ten feet by the tall man's mental prowess... yay.gifyay.gifpopcorn.gif

I was there, it was an AWESOME TIME!

Got to meet all of the guys from Phantasm, as well as most of the cast from the original EVIL DEAD, including Bruce Campbell himself (for the 5th time)!

It's Thusday, and I'm still all hopped up on excitement!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Ummmm...they did make Phantasm comics....

They're pretty hard to find though, I'll let you know if I happen upon an extras!

gossip.gif Check out the attachment, they're awesome!

911650-e8_1_b.jpg.e21806cd89744158a929a05fda602d37.jpg

Angus Scrimm. What a great horror character.

screens_feature-1.jpg

I still remember seeing commercials for this film when it came out. They had about 3 an hour it seemed.

BOY!!!!!!

Ah now this is a fun thread. I liked Phantasm 2 even better than the first one.

Great movies cloud9.gif One of these days I'll have to pick up that X-rated directors cut version floating around. cloud9.gif

Also that car rocks headbang.gif

The original Phantasm is one of the greatest horror films of all time. Angus Scrimm rocks. I went nuts when I saw him on Alias. I had no idea he was going to show up. J.J. Abrams is a big Phantasm fan and has had Scrimm on a couple times. The original actually benefited from the low production values and cheesy 70's film stock which gave it a surreal quality. The big budget remake in 1988 was trash and I refuse to watch the other two sequels.

"The big budget remake in 1988 was trash"

Hehe, cute. smile.gif First of all, it wasn't a remake, it was a sequel, although a retread sequel to be sure. Second of all, it was hardly 'big budget' since every PHANTASM film has been shot for about five bucks and the cost of Reggie Bannister's hair products. smile.gif