• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Determining Tier for Grading (Value of Comic)
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi,
I am new to the CGC community and find myself struggling to understand how I need to determine value. I made a submission of books in the lower tier (value). I would like to continue submitting books, but have many that range over $200 from the value tier. My understanding is to submit under the amount I'd be comfortable as if the book is insured. If I'm looking at a book that falls in the $400+ range I'd want to submit as standard ($1,000 value), and I assume I'd be refunded $1,000 if the book is lost or damaged? However, if the book came back in a high grade it could have a value over $1000. So, in this case would I be limiting the book to receive a lower grade or would CGC give a grade regardless of tier and look to add additional costs after receiving a high grade/value? 

- I do not understand grading well and I just want to pay for the right tier without hurting my chances of getting the best grade

Thank you!:angel:

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your message.  The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your book was lost or damaged while with us. We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your book. In the event that your book was grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the insurance coverage.

Thank you!