• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman #263

7 posts in this topic

Tiny 1/4 inch long blemish on spine by Jokers extended hand you can see in photo. Inside is intact. Staples are tight. No folds, color breaks or tears. Tiny fine red line running vertically through the DC badge on cover, which you can see from the photo. Looks like something that happened during the printing, but I didn't notice it until I took the close-up picture. Back is white, as are inside covers. Thoughts?

IMG_20200614_0001 (4).jpg

BM.263.4.jpg

BM.263.5.jpg

BM.263.6.jpg

BM.263.7.jpg

BM.263.8.jpg

IMG_20200614_0003(1).jpg

The spine has a wear marks all down it...so I am also wondering if 8.0 might be tops for this book. 

Here is a 9.0 for reference...much nicer spine so I feel this copy would be lower.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-263-CGC-9-0-WHITE-PAGES/332028700961?hash=item4d4e73e921:g:PFAAAOSwXyVYJRt-

Edited by comicginger1789

14 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

The spine has a wear marks all down it...so I am also wondering if 8.0 might be tops for this book. 

Here is a 9.0 for reference...much nicer spine so I feel this copy would be lower.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-263-CGC-9-0-WHITE-PAGES/332028700961?hash=item4d4e73e921:g:PFAAAOSwXyVYJRt-

Thanks, comicginger. You may be right based on that sample. I think some, but not all, of the spine wear on my book may be due to glare. I'm a newbie and need to get a more properly balanced lighting situation. Plus, my new scanner is making things appear darker, and I hesitate to adjust it in editing so as to not bias everyone's opinions unfairly. The brownish color in the white area of the cover scan is definitely not anything visible to the naked eye, so I'm not sure if it's just too much pressure from the scanner cover or what. I may just switch to camera-only posts since those seem to be more realistic in my limited experience.

18 minutes ago, Charles Hodges said:

Thanks, comicginger. You may be right based on that sample. I think some, but not all, of the spine wear on my book may be due to glare. I'm a newbie and need to get a more properly balanced lighting situation. Plus, my new scanner is making things appear darker, and I hesitate to adjust it in editing so as to not bias everyone's opinions unfairly. The brownish color in the white area of the cover scan is definitely not anything visible to the naked eye, so I'm not sure if it's just too much pressure from the scanner cover or what. I may just switch to camera-only posts since those seem to be more realistic in my limited experience.

It's all good. I just thought I could see colour breaks all down the spine (and glare) is all. While certainly not major, it is my belief that it would separate an VF from a VF/NM