• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my FF 9

8 posts in this topic

9.2, another beauty.

I agree it's a beauty, but not a 9.2 - severe edge tanning can be problematic. sumo.gif Keep 'em coming! Man, those are 893applaud-thumb.gif niiize!

With the slightly damaged LL spine corner, the tanning, the tarniished staples, and the printer's crease at the LLBC, I think you may be looking at an 8.5 Cream to Off-White sumo.gif

9.2, another beauty.

I agree it's a beauty, but not a 9.2 - severe edge tanning can be problematic. sumo.gif Keep 'em coming! Man, those are 893applaud-thumb.gif niiize!

With the slightly damaged LL spine corner, the tanning, the tarniished staples, and the printer's crease at the LLBC, I think you may be looking at an 8.5 Cream to Off-White sumo.gif

I'm not clear on how tanning effects the grade, must be a judgement call based on the overall condition of the book. It would be interesting to see what a couple of MC's books would grade out as if slabbed.

9.2, another beauty.

I'm not clear on how tanning effects the grade, must be a judgement call based on the overall condition of the book. It would be interesting to see what a couple of MC's books would grade out as if slabbed.

I agree. I know from first-hand experience that edge tanning and page quality bring the overall grade down a bit depending on severity. My X-Men #36 which was recently graded 8.0, was a consensus 8.5-9.0 here on the boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif