• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how many farmers do we have here?

29 posts in this topic

lol

I like working with animals (usually) and it gives me a break from being on a tractor all the time. Do you work on the farm all year round?

Damn fox. :frustrated:

The old man and Grandpa used to have cattle, but they got rid of them before my time, thankfully.

The only time I like cattle is on my plate and even then the SOB's can be tough. :P

Hi SWB, I hear what you're saying. I grew up on a dairy farm. Can't say I miss the twice a day milking part of it (and nowadays bigger operators might milk three times a day). The rest of it wasn't so bad. Seemed to depend a lot on the weather, though.

lol

I like working with animals (usually) and it gives me a break from being on a tractor all the time. Do you work on the farm all year round?

There's really nothing to do during the winter since we have no cattle to feed. I'll haul some grain when the elevator has room and it's not -40 outside.. That's about it.

The old man and Grandpa used to have cattle, but they got rid of them before my time, thankfully.

The only time I like cattle is on my plate and even then the SOB's can be tough. :P

Hi SWB, I hear what you're saying. I grew up on a dairy farm. Can't say I miss the twice a day milking part of it (and nowadays bigger operators might milk three times a day). The rest of it wasn't so bad. Seemed to depend a lot on the weather, though.

Hey cosmic. :hi:

It seems like dairy operators are pretty much tied down to the farm. Tough to go anywhere or do anything when you have to make sure the cows get milked two or three times a day.

It seems like dairy operators are pretty much tied down to the farm. Tough to go anywhere or do anything when you have to make sure the cows get milked two or three times a day.

I worked on a dairy farm for three years. Wouldn't want to go back to it now. :P

I worked on a dairy farm for three years. Wouldn't want to go back to it now. :P

Sounds like we're all in agreement about dairying. Never hear my dad complain about it, though, and he would literally go years without a vacation.

Gaz, with your livestock, are you able to get away very often?

Hmm, I previewed my reply and think I need to reword that question. Gaz, given that you raise beef and sheep on your farm, are you able to get away very often?

Sounds like we're all in agreement about dairying. Never hear my dad complain about it, though, and he would literally go years without a vacation.

Gaz, with your livestock, are you able to get away very often?

Hmm, I previewed my reply and think I need to reword that question. Gaz, given that you raise beef and sheep on your farm, are you able to get away very often?

lol

I don't get away very often, my last vacation was two years ago. My dad did dairying before I was born, there's no doubt that it's very hard work. My dad's been on about two vacations in his life. :eek: