• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting for label correction
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I may shortly acquire a slab whose label is not strictly correct, but that isn't actually an error on CGC's part. Specifically, it notes that "two covers exist"; subsequently, CGC has agreed that those covers should be identified separately for census/registry purposes.

What process should be used to correct this?  Would I submit it for a standard reholder (presumably including a note about the update required)? Is the cost the same as a reholder requested for other reasons? Can this be submitted along with other, more normal reholder requests without incurring any problems?

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  When you have the book in your possession, please email us a picture of the book and the label and we can check with our graders to see what they advise.  

If it is just a change in how we label a particular book then, yes, a regular reholder would accomplish this and it would get the updated label.  However, I would recommend emailing that to us just so we can be sure with the graders.  You can email that to us at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

So would it be best practice to email the submissions email address above prior to submitting a definite error label? I have a regular direct edition cardstock comic that is incorrectly labeled as a foil convention variant that I'd like to get corrected. Does that need to go on a separate invoice but perhaps could be shipped together with another invoice to save on shipping? I've a slabbed comic I'd like to send in for one of the recently announced in house signings I could ship it with. Thanks for your time!

• Administrator

Hello, yes, we do ask that you send us an email when you feel you have an error.  Not only will this allow us to confirm the error before you send it back but it will allow us to send you specific instructions on how to send it back as well as a shipping label you can use to send it back to us so that you are not charged for any shipping fees.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!