• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Strange Tales 106 (manufacturing defect)

14 posts in this topic

7.5, is there any color breaking on the over hang at the top? Perhaps a worthy candidate for pressing (seriously). Maybe they can remove that printing crease and freshen this book up.

Those printer's creases are put in with a lot of heat -- I imagine it would take a similar amount of heat and moisture as well to remove it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

7.5, is there any color breaking on the over hang at the top? Perhaps a worthy candidate for pressing (seriously). Maybe they can remove that printing crease and freshen this book up.

No, there is no color breaking on the overhang.

Frederic

Actually the crease on the far right looks like it breaks color? Pressing probably wouldn't help it too much.

You are right Surfer. The crease does break the color, but it is very thin. I would not consider pressing this book because with some of the printing crease there is a very small overlap of the paper. I don't want to take the risk to find out what could be under this overlap (i.e. lack of color confused.gif)...

Anyway, printing crease or not, I love this book and it will be part of my trio that I will send to CGC with my Collector's Society CGC coupons. I will let you know what this one got... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Actually the crease on the far right looks like it breaks color? Pressing probably wouldn't help it too much.

I wasn't advocating pressing . . . Personally, I would never do it to a book. sumo.gif

Here is a nice copy of ST 106 with a substantial printing crease. From what I've read on this board CGC tolerate this to a certain level...

Let me know what you think this one will get.

ST-106-front-cover.jpg

ST-106-back-cover.jpg

Thanks!

Frederic

Freddy,

I could see this pulling a 8.0 - niize book! thumbsup2.gif

The real problem is the impact crease to the ULBC . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and the extent of spine stress (visible on the BC).

trio that I will send to CGC with my Collector's Society CGC coupons. I will let you know what this one got... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Where do you get these coupons from??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks!

It's the coupon that you get when joining the Collectors' Society (and paying 99$!) It entitles you to 3 CGC grading in a fast track fashion (20 biz days) ... Go to the CGC web site for more details smile.gif