• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to this forum - Please grade my TOS 39

5 posts in this topic

Hello everone...i am new to this forum and glad to be here.

I need some help grading this gem, i bought it on ebay couple days ago, i thought the price i payed was decent...how ever iam not all that great when it comes to grading books, or spotting restoration. The seller does not know if this book is restored or not....he did mention that there could be a color touch up bottom left corner...also this book was found in the middle of a huge pile of books, iam guessing thats were the pressing comes from.

any help would be great, and most appreciated.

6a39e053.jpg

96_3.jpg

Yeah, I agree. Looks like pieces have been replaced and tears have been sealed. I'm not sure what the bottom, right corner on the back is though. Not sure if that's water damage or a very screwed up cleaning? I'd call the book a 4.5 though. Still nice.

tos39cgc.jpg

Certainly looks better than a 4.5 but if there is water damage and the bottom back corner of the spine it would have a negative effect on the overall grade. Nice book, restored or not. Might be worth a $20 press just to get the wavyness out of the back cover especially if its already restored. Don't bother slabbing it if it is just slap it in a nice mylar and enjoy.