• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed!
10 10

2,444 posts in this topic

The next seven listings are from my incomplete run of DC Challenge!, which is 12 issues.  Below, I've quoted Wikipedia on what this mini-series entailed.  It's actually kinda cool. (thumbsu

"DC Challenge was a 12-issue comic book limited series produced by DC Comics from November 1985 to October 1986, as a round robin experiment in narrative.  The series' tagline was "Can You Solve It Before We Do?"

"The DC Challenge series was conceived during a rooftop party at the 1983 San Diego Comic Con.  The premise of the series was that each chapter would be written by a different author and illustrated by a different artist.  No consultation between authors was permitted.  As well, each chapter would end in a seemingly impossible cliffhanger from which that chapter's author had to have planned a viable escape, and the name of the next chapter would be provided. Authors were free to use any character or concept from DC's then-50 years of publication, with the exception of those whose appearances they were currently writing.  MR. Giordano had been the original editor of the series, but turned the job over to Robert Greenberger before the first issue was published. The last issue of DC Challenge was a collaborative effort by six of the twelve writers."

DC Challenge! #5 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Adam Strange, Doctor Fate, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that may or may not break the ink.  It’s difficult to tell if there’s ink-breakage against the white background.  The back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers along the spine.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11204686 (2).jpg

img20221004_11221439 (2).jpg

DC Challenge! #7 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Batman, Plastic Man, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that may or may not break the ink.  It’s difficult to tell if there’s ink-breakage against the white background.  The back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers along the spine.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11230502 (2).jpg

img20221004_11235243 (2).jpg

DC Challenge! #8 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Batman, Enemy Ace, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows some wrinkling near the bottom spine corner that should press out.  The back cover shows a mild finger bend near the top edge.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11244431 (2).jpg

img20221004_11252855 (2).jpg

DC Challenge! #9 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Wonder Woman, Geo-Force, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a couple spots of very light ink rubs near the right edge, while the back cover shows a few light ink transfers along the spine.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11262660 (2).jpg

img20221004_11270900 (2).jpg

DC Challenge! #10 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Superman, Deadman, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a few mild finger bends/indentations, while the back cover shows a few light ink transfers along the spine.  A press will help this comic.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11290323 (2).jpg

img20221004_11295103 (2).jpg

DC Challenge! #11 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Batman, Doctor Fate, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple of small red spots that I believe to be ink transfers.  A press will help here.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11304527 (2).jpg

img20221004_11313058 (2).jpg

DC Challenge! #12 (12-part limited series).  This series features numerous DC characters, with this giant-sized issue featuring pretty much everybody.  This comic had a low print run.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows some rippling/wrinkling on the top edge (center), along with a finger bend near the center of the page.  A press will help this one too.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_11322289 (2).jpg

img20221004_11333043 (2).jpg

The next three listings are for DC/Marvel: All Access, which was a four-part mini series.  Unfortunately, I am missing issue #4.  This is another series that brings the Marvel and DC worlds together.

Direct edition copy of DC/Marvel: All Access #1 (mini-series).  This issue features Spider-Man and Superman battling Venom.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light ink rubs in spots along the spine.

$3, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_12573390 (2).jpg

img20221004_12582027 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of DC/Marvel: All Access #2 (mini-series).  This issue features Robin and Jubilee battling Two-Face.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear in spots along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light ink rubs near the staples.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_12591949 (2).jpg

img20221004_13001013 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of DC/Marvel: All Access #3 (mini-series).  This issue features Batman and Doctor Strange.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some light ink rubs near the staples.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_13011148 (2).jpg

img20221004_13022522 (2).jpg

DC Nation #0, presented by Comics Elite.  This comic features three stories that will only appear in this issue.  Featured appearances are made by Batman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, and Joker.  I have three copies of this issue.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  The spine shows light wear.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The top spine corner has a bend crease that will press out, but the corner itself shows some mild wear.  The back cover shows a few areas of light soiling and ink transfers in spots around the white border...especially near the staples.

The scans provided are for the worst looking copy of the three.  The other copies are in slightly better condition, but I will provide scans of those on request.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING (each copy)

img20221004_16575757 (2).jpg

img20221004_16584161 (2).jpg

Direct edition copies of DC One Million #1 to #4.  These stories take place in, or with, characters in the 853rd Century.

I've decided to sell these four comics as a 'lot' because the black front covers didn't fare well, either because of me, my LCS at the time, or both.  You can see finger prints, scuffs, ink rubs, etc.  I will still sell them individually, shown below.

$6, PLUS SHIPPING (all four together)

img20221004_17274489 (2).jpg

img20221004_17301651 (2).jpg

img20221004_17321228 (2).jpg

img20221004_17351273 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of DC Universe Holiday Bash #1.  This comic is a collection of holiday stories by various artists, featuring Batman, Superman, Catwoman, Demon, and others.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  The spine shows very light wear.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks...with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The staples are recessed into the pages a bit, but I believe this is due to the thickness of the book…or a production issue.  A press will help the back cover, near the bottom spine corner.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_17570511 (2).jpg

img20221004_17582782 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of DC Universe Holiday Bash II #1.  This comic is a collection of holiday stories by various artists, featuring Batman, Superman, Catwoman, Demon, and others.  Black Lightning makes an appearance as well.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  The spine shows extremely light wear.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows rippling/wrinkling that goes through the back half of the entire comic.  I think this can be pressed out.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221004_18003268 (2).jpg

img20221004_18013895 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of DC Universe: Trinity #1 (limited series).  With a metallic coated cover, this two-part series features appearances by Green Lantern, Darkstars, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows extremely light wear on the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a one or two spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The metallic coated cover didn’t fare well, showing numerous scuffs, scraps, scratches, etc., on both sides.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221005_08085002 (2).jpg

img20221005_08093588 (2).jpg

Direct edition copy of DC Universe: Trinity #2 (limited series).  With a metallic coated cover, this two-part series features appearances by Green Lantern, Darkstars, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top, back), as well as a one or two spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink…one of which is fairly noticeable.  The metallic coated cover didn’t fare great, showing some scuffs, scraps, scratches, etc., on both sides.  It is a bit better than the previous listing though.

$2, PLUS SHIPPING

img20221005_08102576 (2).jpg

img20221005_08110988 (2).jpg

DC’s Year of the Villain #1, presented by Comics Elite.  The cover was done by Greg Capullo and features numerous appearances by DC characters, including The Batman Who Laughs.  I have three copies of this issue.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  The spine shows very light wear.  There is light blunting of the spine covers, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show a few mild finger bends/indentations that will press out.

The copy listed here is probably the worst of the three, with the other two improving slightly in grade.  They are all the same price.

img20221005_08492355 (2).jpg

img20221005_08500494 (2).jpg

Next up...

I'll be relisting what's left of my Copper/Modern Detective Comics issues because @sevans1979 cleaned me out of most of my run of TEC's!!! (thumbsu(worship)

I do have a few Silver/Bronze TEC's, but they are listed in another thread.  PM me if you're interested. B|