• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed!
10 10

2,444 posts in this topic

Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #574.  This issue retells the origin of Batman and Jason Todd.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink.  There is also a very mild spine roll that I believe can be pressed out.

$7, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #575.  This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 1 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink.  Both covers show a number of ‘crescent’ shaped indentations that don’t break the ink.  I’m not sure how these formed, but I believe they can be pressed out.

$13, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #576.  This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 2 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper.  The comic also features an appearance by Joe Chill.  Todd McFarlane created the cover artwork.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling/ink transfers.  Both covers show a number of ‘crescent’ shaped indentations that don’t break the ink.  I’m not sure how these formed, but I believe they can be pressed out.

$15, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130
typo...

On 11/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, Galen130 said:

Thanos #13, lenticular variant.  This 3-D cover was done by Jacen Burrows and it is an homage to Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #12.  It also features the 1st appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider.  It is graded a 9.9 by CGC.

$150, FREE SHIPPING

DSC02958.JPG

DSC02960.JPG

:takeit: if still available

Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #577.  This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 3 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper.  The comic also features an appearance by Joe Chill.  Todd McFarlane created the cover artwork.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling/ink transfers near the spine.

$17, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #578.  This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 4 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper.  The comic also features the death of Joe Chill.  Todd McFarlane created the cover artwork.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples.  The upper spine corner of the back cover shows a mild bend crease that I believe can be pressed out.

$13, PLUS SHIPPING  SOLD

Edited by Galen130

These are raw fillers/variants for Copper/Modern Age Detective Comics.  PM me with any offers.  I do have pictures available for each issue upon request. :)

Please don't hesitate to ask for a particular issue/variant.  I may or may not have it, but I don't mind being asked. (worship)

I will no longer ship raw comics by Media Mail.  Raw books will ship Priority mail at $3.50 for one book, $.25 per book after that.  This is negotiable based on quantity and/or weight.  PM me and we'll discuss. (thumbsu

All raw comics are shipped with a bag and board. :applause:

Thanks for looking!!! :banana:

ALL COMICS SOLD TO @sevans1979!!! (worship)

Edited by Galen130

On 3/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, Galen130 said:

^^

On 3/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, Galen130 said:

I do!!!  ^^

On 3/1/2021 at 5:47 AM, Galen130 said:

^^

I picked up these three (2 graded and 5 raw) from Galen130. Buy with confidence!!! I told him no rush at all but he delivered safely and securely within a few days. Comics as described/posted.

Also, he has been very helpful in sharing his experiences and giving great advice in selling here in the marketplace. I plan on trying out the marketplace for selling my graded comics in about a month since ebay changed the way they do business. Thank you Galen130! Will definitely buy again no hesitation! (thumbsu

35 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I picked up these three (2 graded and 5 raw) from Galen130. Buy with confidence!!! I told him no rush at all but he delivered safely and securely within a few days. Comics as described/posted.

Also, he has been very helpful in sharing his experiences and giving great advice in selling here in the marketplace. I plan on trying out the marketplace for selling my graded comics in about a month since ebay changed the way they do business. Thank you Galen130! Will definitely buy again no hesitation! (thumbsu

Many thanks, my friend!!! (worship)  I’m glad you’re happy with your books/slabs.  Come back anytime.  And don’t forget, I’m more than happy to help out...but there are a lot more folks here who know more than I do.  Don’t hesitate to get other opinions.  Still, it was my pleasure. (thumbsu

These are raw fillers/variants for Copper/Modern Age Detective Comics.  PM me with any offers.  I do have pictures available for each issue upon request. :)

Please don't hesitate to ask for a particular issue/variant.  I may or may not have it, but I don't mind being asked. (worship)

I will no longer ship raw comics by Media Mail.  Raw books will ship Priority mail at $3.50 for one book, $.25 per book after that.  This is negotiable based on quantity and/or weight.  PM me and we'll discuss. (thumbsu

ALL SOLD TO @sevans1979!!! (worship)

Edited by Galen130

Thanks for looking!!! :banana:  ALL SOLD TO @sevans1979

Edited by Galen130

ALL SOLD TO @sevans1979!!!

Edited by Galen130

On 2/28/2021 at 2:14 PM, Galen130 said:

Death Rattle #1 (1995 series) (Mature Readers).  This issue is actually an error copy because pages 6 & 7 were printed in the wrong order.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple of spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.

$10, PLUS SHIPPING

20210221_160956.jpg

20210221_161004.jpg

20210221_161017.jpg

20210221_161026.jpg

take

On 2/28/2021 at 2:07 PM, Galen130 said:

Death Rattle #8 (1985 series) (Mature Readers).  This issue features the 1st appearance of Mark Schultz’s Xenozoic Tales/Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows very light wear along the spine and there are no tears at the staples. There is light blunting/wear on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/tics that break the ink.  The back cover shows some light ink rubs near the staples.  The front cover is still pretty glossy…great eye appeal.

$15, PLUS SHIPPING

20210221_145745.jpg

20210221_145840.jpg

20210221_145852.jpg

20210221_145925.jpg

take

On 2/28/2021 at 2:20 PM, Galen130 said:

Death Rattle #1 (1995 series) (Mature Readers).  This issue is a reprinted ‘corrected’ copy that fixed the reversed pages 6/7 in the original printing.  Also, the UPC bar code proves it’s a reprint because the original issue shows a character image in the box.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better.  There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.

$5, PLUS SHIPPING

20210221_161038.jpg

20210221_161046.jpg

20210221_161059.jpg

20210221_161109.jpg

take

On 2/28/2021 at 2:52 PM, Galen130 said:

Death Rattle #3 (1995 series) (Mature Readers).  This issue contains J. O’Barrs ‘The Crow’ lost pages, as well as an explanation as to what happened to the pages.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the bottom one), as well as one or two spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.

$10, PLUS SHIPPING

20210221_161126.jpg

20210221_161133.jpg

20210221_161147.jpg

20210221_161159.jpg

take

On 2/28/2021 at 2:58 PM, Galen130 said:

Death Rattle #4 (1995 series) (Mature Readers).  This comic contains short paragraphs about the issue’s creators.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple of spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.

$5, PLUS SHIPPING

20210221_161220.jpg

20210221_161228.jpg

20210221_161235.jpg

20210221_161300.jpg

take

On 2/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Galen130 said:

Death Rattle #5 (1995 series) (Mature Readers).  This comic is the last issue in the series.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics…with one or two that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light ink rubs/soiling near the top staple.

$4, PLUS SHIPPING

20210221_161318.jpg

20210221_161327.jpg

20210221_161336.jpg

20210221_161347.jpg

take