• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High volume submission discount
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I have a least 200 books I could submit (maybe more) for grading to CGC.

Have any of you ever gotten a discount when send many books ?

I assume dealers get discounts but how about collectors?

Please share your experience in this thread. Thanks

57 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Hi guys,

So I have a least 200 books I could submit (maybe more) for grading to CGC.

Have any of you ever gotten a discount when send many books ?

I assume dealers get discounts but how about collectors?

Please share your experience in this thread. Thanks

No discount. You only get discounts by subscribing to different levels.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

No discount. You only get discounts by subscribing to different levels.

I know a guy who submitted 1000 books to another grading company and got a huge discount (I think it was about half price).

In these hard times, that grading company contacts customers because they need books.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a way to contact them privately and arrange something, but I think you’re in the wrong order of magnitude to make it happen 

Just now, HighAF said:

Would 200 books be considered "high volume"? I'd think you'd need to submit a large collection in the 1000s. If you submit that many you can probably get your name on the label.

Was that the Magic Wu collection? Is that what it was called? A magician from Vancouver?

No some guy from California

4 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

I know a guy who submitted 1000 books to another grading company and got a huge discount (I think it was about half price).

In these hard times, that grading company contacts customers because they need books.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yes, CBCS gives a really cool discount, I think even now collectors get one book graded free every 10 books or so. But they are only doing this because they are not CGC and give incentives. CGC needs no incentives and they are getting lots of business, these are not desperate times at all for CGC or any comic book auction house. They stayed open and books are selling for all time records.  The waiting times are long enough, giving you an idea of the volume they deal with. No reason to give more of a discount than what they already give if you select the higher tiers.

So basically, if you want the discount others are giving, then go with others.

Edited by William-James88