• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 39 (8.0 PLOD) closed

14 posts in this topic

9.2 WHITE - SOLD

A truly rare and amazing copy , I was stunned by the gloss. color and condition for a book over 75 years old when I bought it raw from the original owner's family.

It turned out to be the highest grade by a large margin ( next highest is 8.0 ) , only nine graded in total.

Just got this back and wondering if I should put it in the vault, but if your a hardcore Captain Flight Collector and gotta have it,

2020-07-14-0005.jpg

2020-07-15-0001.jpg

Edited by Changer

ASM 39

Another bright WHITE book unfortunately trimmed and color touched.

Turned out be not so Amazing so let's cut the price to 50% of the GPA for a unrestored copy.

BIN $350

Gorgeous and shiny new case despite the resto.

2020-07-15-0007.jpg

Edited by Changer

3 hours ago, Changer said:

ASM 39

Turned out be not so Amazing so let's cut the price to 50% of the GPA for a unrestored copy.

BIN $350

2020-07-15-0007.jpg

Ugh!  Why do people do that!?!?  Sounds like an unpleasant surprise :(  Still presents very nicely.  

8 hours ago, Changer said:

ASM 39

BIN $350

2020-07-15-0007.jpg

TBH this book looks great in a PLOD slab - the purples on the book and label really go well together. 

12 hours ago, Changer said:
  • A truly rare and amazing copy , I was stunned by the gloss. color and condition for a book over 75 years old when I bought it raw from the original owner's family.

:bump:

SO, what else did you buy?!

:baiting:

58 minutes ago, newshane said:

:bump:

SO, what else did you buy?!

:baiting:

Action 1 lol

no this was in rare form, most were Coles that people were diving up but in vg grade - so grabbed a couple, but just happen to notice this was minty fresh and not getting much attention since it wasnt a "key".
The highest golden grade I ever found in the wild. Sad to see it go but I have to finish my original collection goals at some point ..

Edited by Changer