• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus 301

41 posts in this topic

OK, this should probably be in the 'modern' thread, but when I think cerebus I think bronze, so....

has anyone seen these Cerebus 301s? I was surprised to see this at a local store... it's a christmas card from Dave and Gerhard, with "Cerebus 301" being the front of the card.

I thought it was too cool and couldn't buy it fast enough, but I wonder if there were a lot made(?) or not, or if people are even aware of them (I certainly wasn't). Anyway, I wanted to post for the cerebus fans to enjoy.

915624-cer301.jpg

915624-cer301.jpg.79a42d108991ba4ec05054a1ac2098d0.jpg

I just read the interview with you on Wednesday!

In answer to what Dave Sim is up to, he's cooparting pretty extensively with the guys putting together Following Cerebus. That publication impresses me because I thought it was a fairly limited concept and they have kept my interest with each issue.

Marc

Look forward to it! thumbsup2.gif

Here's the first Sim Aardvark story. I wrote it; he praises it extensively in FOLLOWING CEREBUS #6...

A-Boy-and-His-Aardvark-1.jpg

A-Boy-and-His-Aardvark-2.jpg

A-Boy-and-His-Aardvark-3.jpg

A-Boy-and-His-Aardvark-4.jpg

A-Boy-and-His-Aardvark-5.jpg

Hey, is this thread dead? Here's THE BLACK MISTRESS, mentioned in FOLLOWING CEREBUS #6, page 17, just a few lines beneath my picture. Somehow, even though I mentioned it in the interview, it escaped inclusion in the "T. Casey Brennan Checklist" on page 16. From TARA ON THE DARK CONTINENT #2, copyright 1979 Paragon Publications...

blackmistress1.jpg

blackmistress2.jpg

blackmistress3.jpg

Great stuff, thanks for posting it!

That last heroine has great "personality" grin.gif

I'm going to ask a stupid question - what's Following Cerebus? I'm a fan but don't frequent the shops much so I must have missed it.

Great stuff, thanks for posting it!

That last heroine has great "personality" grin.gif

I'm going to ask a stupid question - what's Following Cerebus? I'm a fan but don't frequent the shops much so I must have missed it.

It's a fanzine about CEREBUS from Texas; Dave seems to work with them pretty closely...in fact, he suggested the lengthy article on me and my 1970s comics.

-- T. Casey Brennan

Yeah, it's a fanzine but very professional. As I said, I'm impressed with how they come up with interesting things every issue.

Marc

Speaking of which, here's a poster they printed (on page 12, FOLLOWING CEREBUS #6), featuring my band - FRANKENHEAD - on stage in Detroit with John Sinclair, Pun Plamondon, et al...

sinclair-frank2.gif

-- T. Casey Brennan

Hey, where is everybody? Here's the Dave Sim-drawn parody of my POWER COMICS #2 story, "T. Casey Brennan: Figure of Mystery", from QUACK #5...

The-Beavers-Quack-5-08.jpg

The-Beavers-Quack-5-09.jpg

The-Beavers-Quack-5-10.jpg

The-Beavers-Quack-5-11.jpg

The original "Figure of Mystery" was intended as a parody of the Mandrake/Dr. Strange genre; the irony of it was that it was the first published artwork of Tom Sullivan, who later became famous for his work on the Evil Dead film series.

-- T. Casey Brennan