• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC virgin ;) help appreciated!

6 posts in this topic

Hi there....

i've only recently got into CGC grading and TBH 99% of the stuff i have is for my own collection....

i'm looking to submit a few of my limited edition and variant issues for grading and was looking for a rough grading estimate of the attached to give me an idea of what the others will get....

The blemishes or spots on the scan are on the bag so the comic is in pretty good order bar a couple of spine creases.....

Cheers for any help,

Image Large ( 1.7MB )

Image Small ( 160k )

BTW...

the discolour down the spine of the comic is something to do with the scan...its not discoloured,

the most i can see is 5 - 6 small spine 'bends' ( or whatever thats known as ) and very slight corner 'wear' top and bottom left?

Not sure what that brings it down to though wink.gif

Cheers,

I'd say that CGC would give that a 7.5-8.0. Far too stress along the spine and a few corner nicks as well. If it was a 1950-60 comic it would be a 9.2! Whoever said that comics were all the same!

I am thinking that 7.5 - 8.0 is dead on for this comic. Needs to be perfect in every way just to hit a 9.4 'cause grading on moderns is tough. Curious as to why you want to get it graded? confused.gif

Thanks for the appraisals guys....thought as much....a bit [!@#%^&^] poor for a comic thats never been opened!

As to why i want it grading....well, its only for my personal collection...but a 9.6 - 9.8 sells for $ 150 - $ 200 so to me it seems worth slabbing?!

Cheers,