• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BCW COMIC SHIPPING BOXES
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Placed a good size order with BCW and to reach the $200. mark for free shipping (otherwise just too expensive) I picked up some of their comic book shippers. They are very similar to the Gemini boxes but I am concerned because they are thinner and seem a bit flimsy compared to the Gemini. The BCW's are only slightly lighter and a bit longer. .....  Anyone familiar with these boxes, either used or received?

I have to say, I don't like any of those "comic shipper" boxes.  The design is good, but they are too narrow.  The only benefit of that is they will fit into a USPS Priority legal flat rate envelope so you can pack them full and get that discount rate.  With that being said, the huge downside is that the comics (bag/board will literally be touching the inside of those flaps that fold inward).  I have had more comics come to me damaged in Gemini mailers than any other method of packaging I think.  All these sellers tout them in their listings on ebay like they are the end-all of good packaging, but if no other care is taken in using a cardboard sandwich technique and securing books down somehow, they suck.

I think I have gotten comics shipped in them and I believe they are a bit better than Gemini boxes IMO.  If I was going to use them I would probably get the magazine size shippers.  Below is what I've been using for years and they are above and beyond any Gemini box, or the like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-12-1-8-x-9-1-8-x-2-White-Multi-Depth-Bookfold-Mailer-Book-Box-Bookfolds/380917849548?hash=item58b0791dcc:g:PzsAAOxyx0JTi0nk

Also I attached the pics of how I pack a book(s) to ship in them.  The books never come close to touching the insides of the box if done right.  

bookPaking_01.jpg

bookPaking_02.jpg

bookPaking_03.jpg

bookPaking_04.jpg

bookPaking_05.jpg

Edited by gradejunky

Thanks.... The Gemini demos always show the comic books just slipped loose into the pockets. I mount the comics face down to cardboard and then tape the cardboard to the Gemini... no movement or rubbing. Has worked well. I also have the same style of shipper that you're showing for larger items. I guess the BCW shippers will be OK along with the comics mounted on thicker cardboard. They just don't seem as stiff as the Gemini.