• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halloween Time

22 posts in this topic

Well, IU tend to avoid horror comics around Halloween. Why? Cause no cons are around locally.

But wait! There's more! I DO hit ebay for horror movie posters around Halloween. I look for the tried and true sellers of 30's and 40's horror movie paper - they always have their Halloween auctions and often starting at 99 cents and no reserve.

I am psyched. I may well complete having one 4-color piece from every Universal Horror film of the 30's and 40's. My favorite time of year for the movie paper collector in me!

Just curious do the buying and selling of horror comics go up around this time?

There are more horror comics for sale on eBay during October than any other time of the year. The actual BUYING seems to only go up slightly as many of the sellers think it is "cash in" time & start their auctions right at guide price, sometimes higher. screwy.gif

From a thrifty buying perspective, the best time to get a deal on horror comics through eBay is June or July. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif