• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I send in for regrade? (Venom #3 2018 SS)

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I fairly new to the whole graded comics market and have been trying to tune my skills better as to assessing books before grading them.  At the last C2E2 (right before the virus hit) I got Venom #3 2018 double signed by Cates and Stegman.  I always thought this book was a perfect 9.8.  I was very frustrated to recieve it back as a 9.6.  The only flaw I can detect is an extremely small spine tick visible on the back.  I am currently considering sending in for regrading along with some other comics to get first-time graded.  I would be eternally grateful for your opinion of whether it would be worth it to send in a second time.  Pictures are attached below.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

You’re call...but I think it would be a waste of time and money...IMO.  The bottom spine corner looks a bit blunted to me as well, but that could be the lighting or the slab playing tricks. :)

No idea.  You may want to post that question in the appropriate forum though.  Or contact CGC directly.  That would be your best bet I think.  Good luck. (thumbsu