• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some help with submissions and whether to press or not Please?

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I have some books I will be selling soon and I could use some advice please. I've casually collected since about 79, but I don't send books into be graded. I am hoping for advice on two things, Should I get them pressed (I don't really like the idea and have never done it before) and any advice on how to submit them. I have more, but I don't want to flood the thread too much right away. I really do appreciate any help or advice y'all give.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN#9.1.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN#9.2.jpg

BATMAN#137.1.jpg

BATMAN#137.2.jpgDAREDEVIL#2.1.jpg

DAREDEVIL#2.2.jpg

Edited by sailinship2

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

What are your intentions? Are you selling them?

Yes, I may hold onto them for a little while, depending on this economy. But I want to sell them.

Edited by AmbassadorSlip

10 minutes ago, AmbassadorSlip said:

Yes, I may hold onto them for a little while, depending on this economy. But I want to sell them.

I would get them graded, because they're very nice keys. I would definitely recommend pressing a few of them, at least, if not all.

2 minutes ago, SamPool said:

They looks like good candidates for a clean and a press.. 2c

Is that tape/glue on the Daredevil 2?

Yes, it is tape, that's one of the reasons I've never sold this raw, too hard to grade. Plus, I'd like a slight resto, or rather, cleaning done to it. I'm not sure who would do that.

5 minutes ago, AmbassadorSlip said:

Yes, it is tape, that's one of the reasons I've never sold this raw, too hard to grade. Plus, I'd like a slight resto, or rather, cleaning done to it. I'm not sure who would do that.

CGC can do the clean/press when you submit the comics in for grading.

This is the link for pressing info.

https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/

These are the options in the online submission form.

You would select "Mail-in to Headquarters", "Grading" & "Pressing" and then NEXT..

cgcsub.thumb.jpg.d4ed49252fa5950e6a7d88a627f2a2e2.jpg

51 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

@joeypost, is this safe for pressing?

They would need to be handled very carefully. In most cases damage is done, not by the pressing process, but the dry cleaning process. If the pages are thin or brittle, you have to approach the work very gingerly, but they can be improved.