• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Superman called the first costumed superhero when The Phantom came first?

24 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, N e r V said:

My comic shop has a raw 0.5 up on their site for $2650.00. 

So, it would appear that the book has apprently gone up in value since CC's last auction of an Ace Comics 11 with this copy here only selling for $562.60 back in the summer of 2015, or just before the big explosion in GA prices:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/568503

ace2.536a.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/31/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bo_Hogg1 said:

All these years, I thought Superman came first and something caused me to check it and The Phantom came out 4 months before but the Phantom gets no respect. I have always thought of The Phantom like soccer.  The Phantom is the most popular superhero world wide like soccer is to sports but we don't really care that much about either one in the USA..

I own a nice Ace 11 and would never ever sell it at guide when I sell it, it deserves waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over guide. I will try and dig it out of my safe and post a pic.

So my question is why no respect for The Phantom?

The first comic hero with super powers was Popeye

On 7/31/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bo_Hogg1 said:

I own a nice Ace 11 and would never ever sell it at guide when I sell it, it deserves waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over guide. I will try and dig it out of my safe and post a pic.

Any chance yet that you found some time to dig your copy out of the safe so that we can take a look at it?  :wishluck:

Especially since "nice" copies of Ace 11 seems to be a rare as hens teeth and we have yet to see a copy in VF 8.0 or above after some 20 years of certification.  :cloud9:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap: