• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 181

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I am completely new to the comic grading process but I have a few books picked out I am considering sending to CGC. Would love to hear your thoughts on the condition of my Incredible Hulk 181 and whether pressing may be worth it in this case (not cheap :S). My biggest concerns are the small missing/blunted corner piece, the tanning of the interior pages, and the musty odor of the book. There is also some tan speckling on the "HULK" lettering of the cover, which is difficult to see in the photos and appears more grey from the lighting. Thank you for taking a look!

Incredible Hulk 181 Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ZgXVPmZ

The missing corner piece does present a problem, I would grade it as it stands at a 6.5, with a press probably 7.0.  See how it goes with the other guesses. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Dylan Veneziano said:

The reference image is very helpful. Thank you for your feedback!

Sorry it's not the best picture. It's the only stock one I had on hand. If you would like a better photo PM me and I'll go take a front and back. 

It's been a little while since my last post, but I thought I'd make a final update. Based on the feedback from this thread, I had the book submitted to CGC for grading and pressing. I was very surprised (but happy!) when the book came back as an 8.5!

Here are the notes and a picture for those who may be interested:

• light tanning back cover
  • very light spine stress lines breaks color
  • very light wear left top of spine
  • very small chip out right bottom of front cover

Thanks again to everyone that left a grade! :luhv:

20200905_114722.jpg

Edited by Dylan Veneziano

17 hours ago, Dylan Veneziano said:

It's been a little while since my last post, but I thought I'd make a final update. Based on the feedback from this thread, I had the book submitted to CGC for grading and pressing. I was very surprised (but happy!) when the book came back as an 8.5!

Here are the notes and a picture for those who may be interested:

• light tanning back cover
  • very light spine stress lines breaks color
  • very light wear left top of spine
  • very small chip out right bottom of front cover

Thanks again to everyone that left a grade! :luhv:

20200905_114722.jpg

Wow! That's a beauty congrats!! 

It's always nice to get a cgc surprise in that direction!!