• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Unpacking a Monster: TAKE 20% OFF ALL REMAINING BOOKS IN THREAD (Thread CLOSING Tues.Aug.18 @ 9:00 pm EST)
3 3

829 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

This thread will stay open until Tuesday, August 18th @ 9:00 pm EST.  Invoices will be distributed between August 19th-21st, and shipments will go out starting Monday, August 24th (although I'm a little leery of the deteriorating circumstances surrounding USPS!! :cry: - Before last week, they had slowed down considerably; after last week, I have serious concerns about books arriving at all.  Any thoughts from our US brothers/sisters who've used USPS lately would be greatly appreciated - thanks!)

I've had no problem with priority mail shipments the last month. All on time or maybe just a day or 2 late at most. The 1st class stuff however has been slower than its usual slow as molasses and actually had a shipment of backing boards go missing and had to be replaced. :S

2 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

I've had no problem with priority mail shipments the last month. All on time or maybe just a day or 2 late at most. The 1st class stuff however has been slower than its usual slow as molasses and actually had a shipment of backing boards go missing and had to be replaced. :S

Thank you for the input. My concern is that some of the depots will suffer layoffs ... Is there any truth to that?

17 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Thank you for the input. My concern is that some of the depots will suffer layoffs ... Is there any truth to that?

Don't Know about that. There"s a lot of stuff in the news about the postal service, but the news especially near elections, tends to exaggerate a lot. Honestly though I haven't had time to look deep enough into it to have a real informed opinion, so just can report my experience lately.

2 hours ago, Morganmi said:
5 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

This thread will stay open until Tuesday, August 18th @ 9:00 pm EST.  Invoices will be distributed between August 19th-21st, and shipments will go out starting Monday, August 24th (although I'm a little leery of the deteriorating circumstances surrounding USPS!! :cry: - Before last week, they had slowed down considerably; after last week, I have serious concerns about books arriving at all.  Any thoughts from our US brothers/sisters who've used USPS lately would be greatly appreciated - thanks!)

I had a first class package from Canada take a month to get here, but I was assuming it was on the Canadian end, because they are the usual culprits. Normally, it would take a week.  Yet things have slowed a bit with covid.  The USPS stuff in the news is likely just media stuff.

16 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I had a first class package from Canada take a month to get here, but I was assuming it was on the Canadian end, because they are the usual culprits. Normally, it would take a week.  Yet things have slowed a bit with covid.  The USPS stuff in the news is likely just media stuff.

Yea First Class has always been a **** shoot in respect to time, especially international, but in my experience it came through 98% of the time. Only those back boards and one other time has the shipment not come in eventually and just for reference I've had a clothing import business for 25 years.

Edited by Morganmi

2 hours ago, Morganmi said:
5 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

I can confirm just about everything is slowing down, but 1st class and media are getting hit the most because they are deprioritizing them.
I had a TPB take 4 weeks to go 2 states away.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:35 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

X-Factor 5A, 9.0-9.2; $15.00

XF5AF.jpg

XF5AB.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 8:51 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Spider Woman 1 (1998), 9.4+; “Got Milk” trading cards included; $10.00

SW1F.jpg

SW1B.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 2:29 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

New Mutants 1, 9.0-9.2; $20.00

NM1AF.jpg

NM1AB.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 2:32 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

All-American Men of War 111, 6.0; Heath grey tone cover, with Heath, Moldoff and Kubert art inside; $10.00

AAMOW111F.jpg

AAMOW111B.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 2:41 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Hulk 162, 8.5-9.0; 1st Wendigo; $135.00

Hulk162F.jpg

Hulk162B.jpg

:takeit: @ 20% off

On 8/15/2020 at 7:53 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

ASM Annual 27A, 9.2-9.4; $4.00

ASMANN27AF.jpg

ASMANN27AB.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 3:53 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

PPSSM 100 CPV, CGC 9.8 W; $100.00

20200812_144102_resized.jpg

20200812_144114_resized.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Saga of the Swamp Thing 25 CPV, CGC 9.6 W; GPA records a 9.6 CPV sale in April of 2019 for $175.00. This one for $160.00

20200812_143759_resized.jpg

20200812_143811_resized.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 3:51 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

PPSSM 90 CPV, CGC 9.6 W; last 9.6 CPV of this issue sold for north of $250.00, while a 9.4 sold for north of $300.00 according to GPA!!! This one for $235.00

20200812_144028_resized.jpg

20200812_144038_resized.jpg

Take these all for 20% off