• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current turnaround times explanations.

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have noticed that in the past month the estimated turnaround times for modern books has jumped from 18days then 20, 25, and finally 32 days.

In the current environment of Covid-19 heath concerns, can the current turnaround times be because of employees testing positive for Covid? Or the increased social distancing processes are causing delays?

or 

Is it just because so many people are home and the submissions have exponentially increased. 

2nd “question” (not really answerable, but I thought I would “ask” anyways.

CGC is also growing and it would seem logical to be open 7 days a week like many other business.

The 5 day business week is historically used for businesses that need to constantly deal with other businesses that also adhere to the 5 day week.

That being said why is CGC only open 5 days a week? Being open on the weekend might attract additional part time workers and other comic grading professionals. It would also decrease the turnaround time that seems to be a constant issue people are concerned with. I don’t expect an actual answer and I apologize if any of this has been answered before. 

The main reason I am asking these questions is because I have people locally asking me if I know why the turnaround times have jumped, I know others on the forums would benefit from an explanation. This was written to try and give others some logical reasons why the times have jumped and stop assuming CGC just likes taking their time, which is absurd.

I hope all is well at the facility and all the employees are safe. The most important thing is everyone’s health and keeping loved ones safe as well.

• Administrator

Good afternoon, thanks for your message. 

We have been experiencing a large influx of submissions, mostly due to the many private signings we have had going on this summer as well as the fact that most shows have been canceled so more people are just mailing their submissions in to us instead of dropping them off at conventions. This can lead to longer turnaround times and longer receiving times, unfortunately. 

We do not have any current plans on working 7 days a week.  However, during very busy times like these, we do work many hours of overtime and do work most Saturdays.  We appreciate your feedback and would be happy to pass that on to our management.

Thanks!