• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

won a book close to a month ago and just now rec'd it

31 posts in this topic

Depends. If it crossed the border, take into account having to deal with Customs. If not, see when the post mark was done and base your decision on that.

If he only sent it a week ago, maybe a neutral. But if he sent it 3 weeks ago, give him a positiive.

Agreed, the Canuck customs is really starting to annoy me! One book sent from California took over a month to get to me! Just to get an additioanl $2+ in GST plus their ridiculous $5 handling fees? However, I may be on a watch list because I get so many books sent to me. I still haven't received my Vault auction winnings but a local collector received his last week! frown.gif

If you sent payment right away and he doesn't have a valid reason I'd go with the neutral....but remember feedback is a two way street..and if he hasn't left you feedback he will most likley take yours into affect.....I've learned an important lesson over my time on Ebay....if your upset with someone your leaving feedback for...don't do it right away....wait a week or two.....you can even wait longer than the 3 month mark that Ebay states...if ya know the right trick....

If the guy has some excuss and after reviewing his past feedback seems to have excuses all the time. I'd leave neutral with his excuss...so people will see a pattern with lazy Ebayers.... And The guy will have to come up with more outlandish excusses in the future...

I would let the person know I was upset with his slow shipping and would like a refund of the shipping(especially if you paid for Priority Shipping) Paying for a quick shipping service doesn't mean he should take his sweet time then ship it priority at his convinence.....

basically it comes down to this ---- If I paid for Overnight shiping for an auction and the guy waits for 2 weeks then sends it overnight...I'd be livid!

thanks for your insightful reply, let me articulate more on the situation. i paid via paypal the same day or following day, i have already emailed the seller stating how dissapointed i was before i leave feedback, and the seller has already left me positive feedback. maybe i'll just wait for his reply, but im definitely not leaving a positive, i had to email the seller last week asking if the book has been shipped out? mad.giffrown.gif

the seller has already left me positive feedback

So....you have the feedback power at this time! Perhaps you could play it for a partial refund or whatever! blush.gif

sounds right to me

One Question, If he returns your shipping amount, will you still leave him non-positive feedback? Just curious because if he trys to fix the situation by giving you your money back he will probably be surprised about the feedback...

for example, I bought a Uncanny X-men #139 off Ebay not to long ago, it was described as NM...now we all know that people are a bit...overzealous when it comes to the grading of unslabbed comics..so I expected a comic in VF condition. The comic showed up on the doorstep rather quickly but the grading was far from NM...I'd say a GOOD. It was awful and I told the person that I received the comic and he had great shippng but the comic was not even close to the grade and wanted to know his thought on the condition before I left feedback...he agreed that his grading was way off and gave me a refund on the comic price, I kept the comic and ended up paying for shipping...I told him because of his great customer service that he will receive POSITIVE feedback from me, once he leaves feedback for me.

If the guy trys to solve the problem, let the feedback show it.

"I told him because of his great customer service that he will receive POSITIVE feedback from me, once he leaves feedback for me."

Not directed to anyone specifically. Just some comments.

I've started not leaving feedback until the seller leaves it for me first. When I sell I always leave feedback after I get payment. I've had sellers e-mail asking if everything was ok and if so why I haven't left feedback. My answer is "Once you leave feedback for me I'll leave it for you." Unless there was a problem with my check, Paypal transfer or money order they should leave feedback as soon as my end of the transaction is completed.

At this point in my E-bay carrier I really don't care if someone leaves feedback or not. As someone who mostly buys I really have nothing to prove.

I really feel that whether you decide to leave a negative, positive or neutral on this guy would greatly depend on how he responds to your email. It should say a lot about the kind of person he is. Why not just wait to see what he has to say.

I wouldn't leave a negative unless he acts like a complete jerk about the whole thing, which would surprise me. Or, if he ignores your e-mail, leave a negative 'cause then you'll at least realize he just doesn't care enough to respond. Under the circumstances he should be apologetic at the very least.

A neutral if he is unwilling to do anything for you, due to the slow shipping. I feel a discount would be a fair request under the circumstances. And if he gives you a partial refund because of his careless attention to the auction, consider leaving a positive. You can still mention slow shipping in a positive. grin.gif

i would love to know who the seller is. I just had a similar experience. i won a book, paid for it immediately with paypal, and paid an extra few bucks in shipping as i was going on vacation in a week and wanted it before i left. seller stated in his auction description that usps priority would be good for 3-5 days delivery. at five days i called, was told that the 3-5 days delivery was to get it into mail. kind of strange as the media mail option was for 12-21 days delivery (if you read it in that fashion, you would have to assume that media mail would take up to 21 days to get into the mail). when i came home from trip 5 days later still no sign. at 10 business days, I called again and seller was a twerp (i am too busy right now, ill call you back, never did) and after my second call of the day and he told me he did not think it had been sent, we agreed to a refund and he could keep his book. he told me he would rather not have the money than to have a customer like me. he also told me that if i left bad feedback he would NUKE my feedback (oooooh how scary). after a day and a half with no refund i contacted paypal and lodged a complaint. seller then has tracking number dated the day after he told me he would rather give back money than have me as customer. what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. BTW paypal did nothing and ebay did nothing. so i just have to wait my 89 days to leave my feedback. but i would love to see if it is the same seller. if you check me out... and it is then let me know, i would love to know.

I would just leave no feedback at all.

Now that you have your book, and are happy with it(I assume), let bygones be bygones and just go ahead and leave it behind you. A Neutral is pretty much viewed the same as a negative by most people..

Judgement call, but I'd just leave nothing.

I agree with Ubiquiti, leave no feedback rather than a neg/neutral.

Its not like the book took 3 months to get to you, sure the guy was slow shipping but not outrageously so. I think a strongly worded email telling him you are not happy and that he should improve his service in the future is enough in this case.

All this is ssuming receiving the book a few weeks late was the only problem you had with the guy.

Funny you should say that...

i bid on a fair few eBay auctions each week and i was pretty badly ripped of by a few US sellers who charged triple postage and send them surface mail so it takes 3 month FFS!!!

I now have to ask the exact postage cost to the UK before even thinking of bidding frown.gif

i know....i've had good dealings as well!

I bought 95 Hellblazer issues off a guy for something like $ 75.....he charged me $ 110 postage!!!!

When they came 3 months later.......the postage mark on the box was $ 36 surface mail....nice eh wink.gif

Its really put me off bidding for larger lots outside the UK....

i recently won 150 comics from a UK auction and the postage barely hit $10! lol....ah well!

I hope you either

a) received the difference in the money back from shipping

or

b) Left him negitive feedback and cost him the difference in his other auctions...I would totally destroy someone that ripped me off that blatently......

Hell hath no furry as my Ebay scorn................