• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 3 with Minor Corner Issue
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Just received this copy today. Was looking to get it graded. Auction listed it as NM/9.6+ never read, but there's a slight corner issue that concerns me. I was going to have it pressed before grading for good measure, but I'm wondering if this would be capable of a 9.8. Let me know what you guys think? The rest of the book is in great shape. The images are all of the same upper left corner, front and back.

20200810_174625.jpg

20200810_174651.jpg

20200810_174815.jpg

Edited by ftlepore

I wouldn't think this could get a 9.8 with that sort of defect. That seems more severe than a manufacturing bindery tear. It looks like impact damage in the top picture in particular given the slight bend and crease. I'm at a loss to provide anymore than assume it's not a 9.8 unfortunately. I'm not sure if this is a 9.4 or 9.6 defect. I'm pretty new to this as well, so I could be overestimating damage since you provided such good pictures.

Pretty confident that disqualifies from 9.8, but you'll definitely want another opinion. There seems to be some creasing down the spine and possibly a color breaking spine tick a little ways down. It's really hard to disambiguate from the art though. Wait for a few others to chime in and see what they say.