• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another bad ebay transaction, opinions

24 posts in this topic

I don't do partial refunds either. Partial refunds just seem so weird, and weirder still... they seem to be considered part of doing business on Ebay.

Also, for those calling for blockage...why? Because he's brash?

Kobayashi maru for you.

Partial refund and block him from your future sales. At least you still get something for the book.

Honest mistake on your part, so own it and move on.

If you do a "return it for full refund" then you'll pay shipping both ways and risk damaging the book more.

Edited by jcjames

20 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Kobayashi maru for you.

Partial refund and block him from your future sales. At least you still get something for the book.

Honest mistake on your part, so own it and move on.

If you do a "return it for full refund" then you'll pay shipping both ways and risk damaging the book more.

I agree with this.

it isnt worth the potential problems of having the book returned.

Learn from this experience and include better description of the books.

Do the partial refund and move on.

Hi Guys, thanks for all your inputs, was an honest mistake on my part and I would usually mention something like that. Been buying, selling on ebay for 21 years, most the stuff I've bought over the years does not have descriptions, just grades, he said to me the book was not a VG and only a 1.0 because of the water damage, did not bother to argue about it.

I think in this case, the book did have the water mark, not very big though. But I know sometimes, people on ebay will try this on just to get money back, as it works sometimes. Had a guy try it with an old video tae recently, saying I sent him a foreign one, I thought for a bit, some of the audio had been dubbed, when I asked for more, he sent a picture of a total different tape, package. I then went on to debate with him and eventually he said he got confused as he bought this one at the same time, after a bit more chatting back and fourth, I said to him, the one he had was a much rarer release and would sell for more than my one he bought. He then got back to me really happy, obviously forgetting his earlier conversation and he'd bought this one years ago and was really happy to know this, lol.

Had other instances as well, but I'm sure we all have.

Have a nice weekend and thanks again, herc