• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supes Died!

15 posts in this topic

Picked this beauty up for a quarter earlier this month

Is it too late to get your money back? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Okay already, I'll mail you the mourning armband.

popcorn.gif

I just thought it was all contrived. Here comes this thing that randomly causes destruction, is enthralled by Hulk Hogan on a giant screen TV and dies while killing superman. I think that if you're going to kill Supes, there should've been something more. Some rational, some reason, some sort of significance. Instead, it's a brand new bad guy, and that's all he does? I dunno. I hadn't read any other superman before, and haven't really read any after, but it seemed anti-climatic.

Being a Marvel junkie, I still remember waiting patiently for this storyline.

I thought it was a great read, and started buying other DC titles that the story was continuing in.

Doomsday was a great foe, causing total devastation everywhere he went and non of DCs finest could bring him down.

As for "killing" Superman, I never believed they would do this, he is an icon in the DC world. Just like I'm sure Marvel would never kill of Spider-Man.

I just thought it was all contrived. Here comes this thing that randomly causes destruction, is enthralled by Hulk Hogan on a giant screen TV and dies while killing superman. I think that if you're going to kill Supes, there should've been something more. Some rational, some reason, some sort of significance. Instead, it's a brand new bad guy, and that's all he does? I dunno. I hadn't read any other superman before, and haven't really read any after, but it seemed anti-climatic.

They fleshed out the origin of Doomsday in a couple of squarebounds later on. I don't know if it really made it any better, but it didn't make it any worse.