• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Silver Surfer 3 -- raw 3.0 / 3.5

4 posts in this topic

Hello again all.  Up for sale here is a copy of Silver Surfer 3, which has been taking off in popularity lately.  I picked this one up on the boards a few months ago (shout out to @devo3000x) along with #4 and wasn't really sure if I was going to keep this one.  Obviously I made my decision.

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check/money order/Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment due within 10 business days.    

Shipping (domestic):  Book will be shipped via insured USPS priority mail.  Shipping is included in book price.

International Shipping - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost.  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  With raws, I do accept returns if I've failed to disclose a significant flaw or we wildly, yet logically, disagree on the grade.

On the HoS?  Don't bother.  Probation list?  Message me first and we'll talk about your situation, but don't be overly optimistic.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:wins the book outright, offers always welcome.  Onward!

The pictures will tell a pretty good story of the overall condition, but there are two notes of significance (these should be visible in the pics too):

- Someone, for some unknown reason, added an extra staple mid-spine.  I can't fathom why as the spine is still structurally solid and attached (shrug)

- There is a piece of tape on the interior of the front cover along the outer edge.  This appears to have been done to reinforce a few minor tears.

The general consensus on this one from the thread I bought it from was 3.0 - 4.0, and I'm leaning more toward 3.0 - 3.5 due to the above.

Poking around the web, blue label 3.5s don't seem to have any trouble clearing $200 these days, while the 3.0s are creeping up on that threshold.  So let's split the difference, call my book a 3.25, substract out a value tier grading and some associated fees, and come up with an ask of...

$160