• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to post photos of raw books?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello - I am a looking for advice on the best way to post books for sale on the CGC marketplace. 

There can be smaller groupings of mid to hi dollar books, and larger runs of better grade but lower dollar books. 

I have the books listed with estimated grade. 

To start - Would someone be able to suggest the best way to post the best quality pictures? 

Is it direct scan from copy machine to jpeg? 

I would like a potential buyer to easily view, then click on the image and increase size to see all needed detail. 

And I would like to make it easy for me.  For sorting/organizing. 

What are your thoughts on including a short video for better books?  Maybe about 10 seconds - trying to replicate an in-person viewpoint, holding the book at different angles under good lighting, attempting to get a more complete and accurate picture? 

Thanks for that, I guess all pictures are not ideal. 

I read with interest the recent posts under "Advice/thoughts on a large collection".

I have been collecting since mid-70's. The time to sell is getting closer.  I have mid to better grade, key issues and runs, of Marvel/DC superhero titles mostly from the 60's and 70's.  Mostly bought one at a time over many years.   I was looking into possibly trying to sell some of the better books via online marketplaces, such as the one here.  But my grading skills, although ever evolving, are still in question. 

So I'd like to post images that a buyer can enlarge and scroll to see good detail.  I wonder if a picture taken from a phone, or scanned from a copy machine, has these characteristics when posted here?