• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to give CGC my money is proving oddly very difficult

2 posts in this topic

For weeks now I've had two boxes of books I've been wanting to send to CGC for grading.  But no matter how many times I try to give them my card information, it. just. will. not. take. it.

It was suggested I try a different browser.

Didn't work.

Tried calling to give my information over the phone.

Told they can't do that.

Asked then what can I do?

Forms would be mailed to me.

Weeks later, no forms.

So I tried again online, just to be sure that was still impossible.

And it was.

Compounding this is the fact CGC has had my CC information on file, and it was supposedly going to renew with a discount each year.  

And just before all this I got a bill for a book which I'd submitted years ago.  Thought I'd prepaid at the time but apparently not.  But regardless, that meant CGC was able to get money from my card very recently.

I tripped over the books again today, and I would really like to submit them.  But while, I've had this much trouble (and more) getting companies to stop taking my money.  I've never had so much trouble getting anyone to take my money. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  In order to determine what the issue is, we'll need some additional information.  Are you currently a paid member of our Collector's Society?  Is the only issue you are having with the online form the credit card section or are you having any other problems with the form? 

We only accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express so if you are using another card, such a Discover, it will not work.  If you can't get the card information to work, you can always just choose the "check" option instead and then just write on your packing slip that you will be calling to provide your credit card info.  Our accounting department can take your card information over the phone.  We do not have paper submission forms any longer so I'm not sure what forms you said someone was going to send you.  All submissions must be done online at this point.  

If you have any other questions or are still running into problems, please call us at 877-662-6642 and we can assist you further.  Thanks!