• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wacky Duck No. 1 Grade?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I recently acquired a whole bunch of old comic books and was wondering if this one was of any significant value. I was thinking of getting it graded, but I don't know if it is worth it.

I would appreciate any advice! Thank you so much and have a great day! 

-Cruz

_DSC4788.JPG

_DSC4791.JPG

_DSC4790.JPG

Edited by Cruz Kouji

2 hours ago, evilskip said:

Well, if it has copyright date of 1948 on the indica, the OPG value for a 6.0 is around $60. I'm not thinking that this book grades that high, but I'm not CGC.

I'm very new to comic collecting so I'm not sure what indica and OPG value are, but thank you for your feedback!

1 hour ago, Cruz Kouji said:

I'm very new to comic collecting so I'm not sure what indica and OPG value are, but thank you for your feedback!

The indicia is the printing information, usually in the bottom front or back of the book (first or last page) that tells info like the name of the comic, the company who prints/distributes it, when it was printed/distributed, etc. OPG is the Overstreet Price Guide, a comic pricing and grading guide.

The pictures are tough,  but I was seeing don't pretty big creases. 

I think it's a 5.0 give or take. 

As for advice, if you aren't really a collector,  but looking to move a bunch of books similar to this, I would go to ebay and auction them. Take good pictures / scans and be totally transparent.  Folks here can help with grading for a ball park.  

That's the simplist way to go in my opinion. 

On 8/20/2020 at 4:33 PM, 1950's war comics said:

that is a 'funny animal" book genre and they are not really in demand at all , very slow movers ...:sorry:

And oddly enough, the funny animals, war, romance, movies, horror, Classics, etc., etc, were the comics most in demand during the post war to early silver age period, seriously impacting circulation of super-hero comics, especially in the 1948-1958 period.