• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for your all your help!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Wrong company?

4 hours ago, Funko Doom said:

Hey everyone I just tried to submit 2 already slabbed CBCS X-Men books for re-slabbing (Love the X-Men label) but as I went to checkout it stated I had to submit 15 minimum for pressing? Is there a way around that? Is it because of the age of the issues? Thanks for the help. 

There is a minimum for quick press yes. But why not just pay a bit extra and go for the full press? If you want to save money, then don't press at all, because that can easily be the same result you get with a quick press.

I'd consider the possibility that the cost of pressing these books may exceed any increase in value they might receive.  And, if they were my books, I wouldn't have them encapsulated either.  To me, books look best and will achieve best preservation in mylar with acid-absorbing fullbacks.  

For books valued around $100 or less, it's often difficult to realize the cost of slabbing (and pressing, if you choose to go that route) when it's time to sell them.

Edited by namisgr

4 hours ago, Avi said:

You cant just reslab or reholder other company books. They have to go through the tiered grading process.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate loophole, eh?  CGC just assigns whatever grade PGX gave the book as is.  lol

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

I'd consider the possibility that the cost of pressing these books may exceed any increase in value they might receive.  And, if they were my books, I wouldn't have them encapsulated either.  To me, books look best and will achieve best preservation in mylar with acid-absorbing fullbacks.  

For books valued around $100 or less, it's often difficult to realize the cost of slabbing (and pressing, if you choose to go that route) when it's time to sell them.

These comics wont sell that much more in slabs anyway so the cost of pressing and grading by CGC would never translate on par into increased value.

10 hours ago, Very Metal said:

You might want to take those scans down, or the Mods might do it for you.

Are you submitting for the crossover special?

And that pressing minimum is definitely wrong. Are you hitting prescreen by accident?

Took them down, wasnt aware I couldnt do that, thanks as well for all your answers! I know what to do now. 

Edited by Funko Doom