• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #8 (scanned)
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Oh wow, this one disappointed me greatly - I'm not quite sure of this particular issue's publishing history, but it's a pain in the arse to get this if you're in the British isles, something tells me the exclusion of a UK price on the cover means that this wasn't distributed over here? 
Anyway, this is a great cover, and this is a book that I've been hoping to add to my collection for a while, but when I thought I finally tracked down a NM copy, I get this!

So these are the defects I've noticed, on the front cover there seems to be some kind of staining that runs parallel to the spine, running all the way up to the price box, it is faint, and the scanner might have picked up on it, but I think it's most visible in the bottom corner. The back seems okay, but I stress the word "seems" and on the very first page you see some weird brown staining; I find it funny that campbell's soup is being advertised here, because it looks like someone has spilled some campbell's on the page!

So, fine folks of the CGC forums, what is the verdict? 

IMG_20200822_0001.jpg

IMG_20200822_0002.jpg

IMAG0024.JPG

Yeah, this is tricky.  Its hard to see the staining, but you do make it out a touch on the price box. 

Without the staining, I think it's an 8.5 / 9.0

With the staining leaking into the first page, I'll say 7.5 / 8.0. 

Final answer from me 8.0

Front bottom left corner bend with slight color-break, a few small spine-ticks, color-loss/wear along spine front and back, slight soiling/stain especially noticeable at bottom fc staple, interior stains apparent in pic.... the stain/soiling will drop it a grade (or two).

7.5 maybe 8, its funny I just sent this same book in to be graded, the constant blue on the cover had me worried it was going to be a hard book to get a good grade, will have to wait to see when i get mine back come Christmas.