• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men SA Pedigrees by Issue

14 posts in this topic

As Promised in my Strange Tales thread, I have done an extensive search to map out all CGC'd pedigree issues of Silver-Age X-Men.

Please provide any additional information if you have it and if possible the serial number so I can research that submission.

And X by an issue means that I can see under the certificate number lookup that this issue (and pedigree) was graded but now shows a .0 (which implies that the book has been resubmitted).

919286-X-MenPedigrees.JPG

919286-X-MenPedigrees.JPG.c3aadf0e22713071771f9f9f8ac5c01e.JPG

once again, amazing work! Im thinking GPA could possibly buy your research as an additional tool buying info tool....

Or CGC could just make all this info easily accessible. It's clearly all there in their databases, as any look through the registry will show you.

I've never asked CGC to generate a report on their records of Green River books. I guess I assumed it would be above and beyond, and besides, I was having too much fun with my big jigsaw puzzle to do it the easy way. I figured at some point, if I ran out of steam I would ask, but I always felt they had their reasons for not making the database searchable by parameters.

Red

Steve, this is a terrific project you've embarked on, and even though it is still in its early stages I can already appreciate the very large effort you are putting into it. thumbsup2.gif

My only addition to the X-Men data is the following: X-Men 15 Boston cgc 9.0. I can dig up the serial number for you later (my ancient eyes have alot of trouble with those teensy numbers on the old labels). Also, the Bowling Green X-Men 17 is unencapsulated - don't know if you want to designate as such on your spreadsheets or not.

Again, I'm looking forward to what promises to be a very neat collectors' resource.

My only addition to the X-Men data is the following: X-Men 15 Boston cgc 9.0. I can dig up the serial number for you later (my ancient eyes have alot of trouble with those teensy numbers on the old labels). Also, the Bowling Green X-Men 17 is unencapsulated - don't know if you want to designate as such on your spreadsheets or not.

Again, I'm looking forward to what promises to be a very neat collectors' resource.

Thanks for the info on the X-Men #15 Boston copy. When you get a chance, please email me the serial number.

Also, now that the BG copy of X-Men #17 is unencapsulated, has the label been returned to CGC?

The major point of this information is to be able to compare those pedigrees that are reflected in the census. As you can see, there are still plenty of gaps (such as where are the Western Penns, lots of White Mountains, etc). Are these in the census or not?

That said, if you see an issue where most of the major pedigrees are already represented, it more likely there won't be many more high grade copies certified, compared to issues where the Mass, Curator, Winnipeg, Western Penn, etc. aren't represented yet. Of course they could be in the census (but never sold or registered), which is why this is a work in process. screwy.gif

I leave for Disney today and won't be back until Monday. I'll post a new Title every day next week, so FF and ASM will have there day in the sun.

tongue.gif

steve,

i have the x-men white mountain #9 cgc 9.2 ow/w. i'll make a note to shoot you the serial #.

mike

Thanks and please send the serial number. I have found many more books by checking out the serial numbers as usually the submitter would send in several pedigree books in a row.