• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soft-Serve's SORTABACK Sale
3 3

64 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, it’s been a while!

It took me a while to recover from my legendary "End Of The Planet (Comics) Sale" back in '17, but I’m back, sort of. Selling a small stack of books to help fund new pressing equipment for my business, Flatland Pressing (ask Rick if you need a reference). Anyway, I’m a little rusty at these sales threads, but let’s see if I can’t summon some of my old Mojo and run a good one! This sale will have a little bit of everything, with a few surprises for those who stick around to the end.

Why(I'm selling them)
Gotta buy some new pressing gear and that stuff is not cheap!  So I'm happy to entertain any and all offers, but with prices like these, I wouldn't wait too long before pulling the trigger. ;)

How: (you can buy them)
First :takeit:: (icon, words, implied meaning, wink, nudge) posted publicly or privately wins over any PM negotiations that haven't been sealed with "it's a deal". Them's the rules.   

Who: (can't buy them)
No Shady characters please. This includes: Hall of Shamers, Probies, Intergalactic Dictators, or Chicago parking police (I'm flexible on that last one...)

When: (you pay, you get comics)
Shipping is $4 flat for any group of singles up to 7, $1/book thereafter.   First class shipping for up to 2 books, Media mail for 3 or more for all others. Priority (extra $5) & insurance optional as well. (about $5/book or bundle) Payment via Paypal only please. Int'l shipping will be actual cost. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt of book.

Ok, let’s get started!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Daredevil #47 - VG+ $125 SOLD @ 50% OFF

Attempted Suicide cover. Good flat book here. Staples pulling. Small upper/lower spine split. Great interior PQ. Pretty tough art inside depicting domestic violence.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Young King Cole Vol 3. #12 – VG- $40

Last issue of the title! Solid book with some edge tears rear cover. Tight staples with lite rust on the bottom, no migration. The biggest issue is the 2" tear under the "Y". It is confined to cover only and does not go through the book. 

YCC v3 12 (1).jpg

YCC v3 12 (2).jpg

Young King Cole Vol 3. #4 – VG+ $40 SOLD

Great colors on this one! Flat book Cover is detached. Solid interior though and the cover art is, well, the dog's bollocks. Like a delete scene from Indiana Jones.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Young King Cole Vol 3. #3 - VG+ $125  SOLD @ 50% OFF

Overall nice book with the only real issue being a very short tear mid spine (cover only). Staples are holding, but top staple is popped from front. Solid interior. COOL COVER!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Key Comics #1 - Qualified GD+ $100  SOLD @ 50% OFF

Great GGA cover!! Spine is a bit rough but stable (-the ink is chipping - not paper wear per se), 1-1/4" upper spine split. CF missing. That's why it's cheap. Marry it and make a better book (or just enjoy it for years like I have as-is)

Edited by Soft-Serve

Liberty Comics #11 - FN- $65 SOLD
ENUENDO COVER? You tell me? Unusual book, nice and flat book, light rust on staples with light migration. Slightly loose Cf. How could you not love this book? Excellent Suzie story inside with lots of great GGA.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Fight Comics #25 - VG $100 SOLD VIA PM

Nice early Fight. Single staple issue, reattached and reinforced, holding by rear cover.  Otherwise, this books is flat and nice. Great mid-war (1943) cover. Don't miss out on this one!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Rangers #64- FN - $150 SOLD!!!

Cool Feb 22 1952 Date Stamp! Fantastic Firehair cover by Whitman. This book is solid. Flat & Glossy with white pages. Just a few edge tears and some light tanning to mention.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Kellogg's Funny Jungleland Moving pictures – VG $40 SOLD

This is quite an oddity. Most "comics" from this time (1909, Platinum Age) aren't even close to a modern format, but this one is. It's about the same width of a GA book, and about 1" shorter. It's also neat because of it's unique pages. It's hard to describe, but the interior pages are cut multiple times horizontally so you can change and swap the scene/clothing in many different ways. The book does have some tape and one edge as a long spine split. Still a very stable and fun book that looks great in any collection. 

Edited by Soft-Serve

Humbug #7 – VG/FN $60 SOLD VIA PM

Although from 1958, I think this cover is very relevant to our times. Also, relevant to drone operators. Anyway, this is a cool Mad Magazine-like book that is comic-sized. 1" upper spine split. Otherwise, solid. Seen the book for much more other places.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Junior Comics #10 *Qualified* $350 SOLD VIA PM

Would be VG if not for the missing physical page 20/21(torn out) which affects the 2nd to last story. There is also some scotch tape on cover over staples. Still, it’s Junior with a great GGA cover…don’t wait!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Fight Comics #48 FN $90  SOLD @ 50% OFF

Another great book with Baker and Renee art (Senorita Rio!!) . This one's only issues are a small hole upper spine, a small piece missing back, and tape back cover (interior/exterior). Solid flat issue otherwise with white/off-white pages. Solid centerfold.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Captain Easy #16 FN $40 SOLD VIA PM

Pretty solid book here, nice with great interior. Book was miscut so the spine doesn’t allow the back to align. Still, great book with some nice 30’s GGA art in it.

Edited by Soft-Serve

Captain Easy #11 VG $40 SOLD VIA PM

Nice GGA cover here. Spine has some holes and a small split bottom. Staples are rusty, bottom popped from front only, top soon to be the same. Still a nice presenting issue of a not-so-common book. Great 30’s style art inside.

Edited by Soft-Serve