• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission 101 Questions

2 posts in this topic

I’ve got a few questions after receiving my large shipping kit, to follow:

1)  I have a couple oversized TMNT books, how do I package these and am I able to ship them with my regular sized books?

2)  I am sending approximately 40 books.  (20)ish of these I need clean/press, (10) are newer variants in NM condition and (10) are somewhere in between.  Do you have someone that can make a judgement call if a M/NM is going to benefit from a clean/press?  Also, am I able to send books that both DO and DO NOT require clean/press in the same shipment?

3)  I have a couple books that were signed at ComicCon, I know you have different signature tiers, I am wondering if I am to include whatever certification accompanied these issues and if so how will they be contained in case, viewable or tucked in the book?

4)  The kit contained (2) large book boxes and (2) small boxes.  Will all of these go into the box labeled “FRAGILE” and how do I list the books in order if there are multiple boxes in the box I ship?

That’s all I’ve got.  I’m super stoked to submit my first set of books !!

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  The complimentary shipping kit you receive when you sign up for membership is for comics and comics sized books only.  Magazine and magazine sized books will not fit so if you have larger books to submit, you'll have to use your own packing and shipping materials for those books to safely ship them to us.  

We do offer a screening service where you can have your books screened for a variety of different things such as: if the books will benefit from pressing, the presence of restoration, and restoration removal.  If you are not sure if any of your books would benefit from pressing, I would recommend submitting them for screening first.  You can find out more about the screening process on our Pressing page here: CGC Pressing page

Books can only receive our signature series label if the signatures have been witnessed by an authorized CGC witness.  If a book was signed but not witnessed then it would receive a green qualified label with a notation of "name on cover" but we could not state "signed by" in that situation.  You can find out more about our signature series here: CGC Signature Series

You will want to package your books up in the order they are listed on your packing slip.  You can find a video on our website that shows the best ways to package your books: CGC shipping kits/video tutorial

If you have any questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!