• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about restoration and cgc

3 posts in this topic

Hi all. Curious if anyone can answer this ? for me.I have a hulk #181 cgc 7.5 with off white to white pages. the book has 4 razor sharp corners and only 2 minor 1/16 inch spine wear marks.The other defect is a stain the size of a quarter on the upper left corner on the back cover .curious if there are any places out there that can do stain removal And when i turn the book back in to CGC have it come back to me in the blue unrestored label? if so does anyone know a rough cost? and would it be worth it because i believe this book to be a strong 9.0 possibly 9.2 without the small stain on the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Hi all. Curious if anyone can answer this ? for me.I have a hulk #181 cgc 7.5 with off white to white pages. the book has 4 razor sharp corners and only 2 minor 1/16 inch spine wear marks.The other defect is a stain the size of a quarter on the upper left corner on the back cover .curious if there are any places out there that can do stain removal And when i turn the book back in to CGC have it come back to me in the blue unrestored label? if so does anyone know a rough cost? and would it be worth it because i believe this book to be a strong 9.0 possibly 9.2 without the small stain on the back.

Jake

Unless the stain can be erased or scraped off, the answer is no.

Jake

What kind of stain is it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My recommendation would be to send it in and get it slabbed, before you decide where to go from there . . . and I agree with FFB.

You might also sell it raw . . . but do us all a favor and give large scans of both covers wink.gif

Oh, and . . . WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!