• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question if you can get signature series books unslabbed, pressed, re graded, then slabbed again?

4 posts in this topic

Question I’m about to get New Mutants #1 back in an 8.0. These are the grading notes. Are these able to maybe be pressed out in the future?

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover
light finger bends on cover
light spine stress lines to cover

Im just curious if signature series are able to be unslabbed by CGC, pressed, re graded and slabbed again? 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, we can press and regrade signature series books and have them retain the signature series label as long as those books are cracked out of the CGC holder here in our office.  It does sound like the defects you described might be helped with pressing.  You can find more information on what pressing can and can't do on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/  You can also have your books screened to see if they would be good candidates for pressing, if you are not sure.

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

5 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, we can press and regrade signature series books and have them retain the signature series label as long as those books are cracked out of the CGC holder here in our office.  It does sound like the defects you described might be helped with pressing.  You can find more information on what pressing can and can't do on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/  You can also have your books screened to see if they would be good candidates for pressing, if you are not sure.

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Thank you for the response. When I get some extra money I just might do that.

4 hours ago, Nicholas Richardson said:

Thank you for the response. When I get some extra money I just might do that.

Everyone has different goals and motivations, but if money matters to you, consider checking your math before re-submission.