• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #311
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Always found it funny that 'the' is lower-case, while the rest of the title is printed in capitals...  I can't remember if it's even correct gramatically, or if they couldn't agree whether to include a 'the', so compromised to make it tiny? :)

Anyway, just wondering how I did on this pickup?  Working on my McFarlane collection, and always loved this selection from Todd's 'reflections' series ;)  Just noticed the stupid scanner cropped the top of the back cover, but you should be able to see a slight 'bend' near the top corner of the spine..  I'll pull it out and try again if anyone cares. lol

EDIT:  OK This scanner is driving me nuts, no matter where I place the book it crops part of it..  Damned thing seems to have a mind of it's own...  Anyway, the dirt smudges also aren't on the book, the scanner glass must have had a smudge...

ASM311_Cover.JPG

ASM311_Cover1.JPG

ASM311_Back2.JPG

ASM311_Back1.JPG

Edited by StreetPreacher
better images

top left corner appears blunted from force/contact?

a coupe of minor non color breaking spine ticks

maybe 9.4 with a press...back cover top right corner from same force/contact will improve..front corner will not improve from a press

Thanks, and the cropped 'O' from 'Inferno Continues' is considered a printing defect?  It looks like this cover was 'overfolded'? because you can also see the entire black border, along with a fairly wide sliver of the white back cover along the spine.

Edited by StreetPreacher

3 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Thanks, and the cropped 'O' from 'Inferno Continues' is considered a printing defect?

Yes

the cover has a slight miswrap that won’t affect the grade...it’s more an issue of eye appeal to the owner and to the buyer.

buyers will often times pay a premium for nicer or perfectly centered wraps and better/best page quality...all comes down to scarcity and individual choice.

Thanks, and yes, if this ever become more in demand issue then a pressing might help.  I noticed some of the minor 'creases' had already started to flatten out just after being pressed in the scanner. :)  Thanks, I know it's not a high value book, but just like to know I got a fair deal on it.

1 minute ago, StreetPreacher said:

Thanks, and yes, if this ever become more in demand issue then a pressing might help.  I noticed some of the minor 'creases' had already started to flatten out just after being pressed in the scanner. :)  Thanks, I know it's not a high value book, but just like to know I got a fair deal on it.

That’s a good attitude. All we can ask for in this hobby is that we are able to deal and collect with honorable people.

value is in the eye of the beholder. Worth is what you give it. The money is secondary.

17 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

top left corner appears blunted from force/contact?

Does massaging the corner with my thumb count as 'restoration'? :)  Thanks again guys, looks like I actually got a decent deal from ebay, they offered me a $10 coupon, so managed to get this including delivery for $12 USD total ;)

Edited by StreetPreacher