• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last page Marvel Tales 1 Annual needed...

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

So I got this book at C2E2 this year from a very reputable dealer so I didnt check out the book (my fault completely!!) and I finally got around to reading it and the very last page is missing!

Does anyone have a copy of this that could take a picture of the front and back of the last page just so I can say I completed reading the book? I would be gratefully appreciative!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Raze

Sorry I do not (used to), but I do have similar story.

Bought at very nice-presenting TOS58 from a well-known SA/BA seller (and later found out it was boardie) at a Con a few years back. Didn't check every page. Got home and found a coupon missing inside (didn't affect story) but should have significantly affected price. Again, bad on me for not checking every page, but it was at a con and crowded yada yada. Lesson learned.

Since then, especially at LCS, I page through every item I am thinking of buying regardless of price (unless it's pennies per book). I have found MANY books at "FMV" being sold by various dealers and reputable sellers that have inside coupon/MVS cut out, and other sorts of significant issues inside the books that should have greatly reduced the price. Likewise, I've found a few that had well-known signatures on the splash pages that were not even known to be there by the dealer.

I doubt there's any LCS or large-scale seller that checks each page of each book they sell. Not due to laziness but rather logistics - if they buy a collecton of dozen+ longs of SA/BA, I doubt the majority of them will go through each and every book page by page before pricing and selling them. 

Bottomline - As a buyer, trust but verify.

Edited by jcjames

45 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Bought at very nice-presenting TOS58 from a well-known SA/BA seller (and later found out it was boardie) at a Con a few years back. Didn't check every page. Got home and found a coupon missing inside (didn't affect story) but should have significantly affected price. Again, bad on me for not checking every page, but it was at a con and crowded yada yada. Lesson learned.

Since then, especially at LCS, I page through every item I am thinking of buying regardless of price (unless it's pennies per book). I have found MANY books at "FMV" being sold by various dealers and reputable sellers that have inside coupon/MVS cut out, and other sorts of significant issues inside the books that should have greatly reduced the price. Likewise, I've found a few that had well-known signatures on the splash pages that were not even known to be there by the dealer.

I doubt there's any LCS or large-scale seller that checks each page of each book they sell. Not due to laziness but rather logistics - if they buy a collecton of dozen+ longs of SA/BA, I doubt the majority of them will go through each and every book page by page before pricing and selling them. 

Agreed. I bought from the same seller the last 3 years at C2E2 and on the first year I was going to buy 3 books but one was missing a complete story the other were fine. 

I was just lazy with it being a Annual, but I did check the other 2 books and they were fine.

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

I don't care where I am or how much the book costs - I check EVERY PAGE of every book.  For pricey books it's self explanatory.  For low priced books, I want to read the book but I can't do that it there's pages/panels missing or coupons cut, pen/pencil marks etc.

Edited by pemart1966

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

Here you go.

image.thumb.jpg.3075250810b7881523a00335286b2dfe.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f871624c7cd2041c7996fa5b1ffd0c45.jpg

I may be able to do more than this. Give me a couple weeks and I might be able to get the page.

Thanks!! But arent you suppose to hang out in the EC addict thread 😃!?...wait Im supposed to be there too...!